“Best burgers around”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hound

The Hound
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 214 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Huntsville, Alabama
“Best burgers around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We met some friends here on an Auburn game weekend and I was hooked. The atmosphere is hunting lodge meets Gaston's pub (Disney's Beauty and the Beast). It is a restaurant/bar/live entertainment venue. The hamburgers were some of the best I have ever eaten. Their house-cured bacon is used in just about every dish and certainly adds to the flavor. Comfort foods like homemade mac and cheese to meatloaf are also on the menu. It does get loud at night but fun. Also open for lunch and weekend brunch. Located in the bottom of a public parking garage downtown between College Street and Gay Street. My new favorite spot!

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent lunch spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our friends took us here for lunch while we were in town visiting. We had a great experience. The fried pork rinds were amazing! For lunch, I had the Turkey, Bacon and Avocado sandwich, which was fantastic. Their side salad and house dressing is excellent. Service was perfect, not anything like what some other reviewers experienced. Our friends had the BLT, which looked to die for. A must eat place in Auburn!

Bessemer, Alabama
“Brunch is a must-do!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Visited for Sunday brunch and greatly enjoyed the experience. Sat outdoors so not certain on the interior atmosphere. Food was great, I had the omelette. $1 mimosas, so I had four. Meal for two was only $32, which includes 8 mimosas between the two of us. Definitely will return!

1 Thank rwsmith0911
Auburn, Alabama
“The worst restaurant experience I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Let me tell you about the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Though I’ve had a few crummy experiences, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can compare to the atrocious experience I had at Bloodhound’s. The short version: We had a 2 hour wait for mediocre food, dealt with a snarky manager, and were loudly accused of theft in front of numerous other customers.

If you’re going to treat your customers so badly that you expect them to walk out without paying, at least have the decency to check their table before you publicly accuse them of theft.

Though we were in line before it opened and were 8th or 9th in line, it took forty minutes to get a table. Our orders were taken fairly promptly, but fifty minutes passed and we still did not have our food. Two of our group had to leave, and were not even able to get their food. After another ten minutes passed, and we were finally informed that our food would be on the way out soon, we asked to speak to a manager. Instead of simply apologizing for the wait and trying to remedy the situation as best as possible, we were treated as though we were being completely unreasonable, expecting our food to make it out in such time. Now would be a good time to mention that the food we were waiting on, the food being served at this hour, consisted of eggs, toast, bacon, and sandwiches comprised of said ingredients. We were informed that when it was crowded, it could take a long time for the food to come out. As there were numerous empty tables around us, I can’t imagine what the service would have been like had it truly been crowded. We then mentioned that we’d like to get our food before they stopped serving brunch (we arrived at 10, it was almost 12 by this point) and were informed that they served brunch until 3. Now, whether this was simply information packaged poorly, or sheer snark, it was certainly not a good response given the situation. After another ten minutes, the food finally arrived, though it was lukewarm and generally disappointing. We ate and asked for the check. When we got the check, it was the wrong one, still containing the additional items for the people who had had to leave before the food came out. Our waiter apologized and quickly got us the correct ticket. After a thoroughly unpleasant experience, we wished only to pay and get out. We left cash with the ticket on our table and walked out. Just outside the entrance, another waiter came sprinting out, shouting at us past all the other waiting customers, “Hey! Did you pay?” I then walked back inside to our table with the waiter who accosted us, waiting along the way as he stopped to converse in mumbles with other waiters while pointing at us and our table. After scooping the ticket and cash up off the table and placing it in the waiter’s outstretched hand, we finally left.

This was truly the most horrible, awful, unpleasant, and infuriating restaurant experience I have ever had. It’s almost silly to say “I won’t be going back,” as I would hope anyone that had such an experience wouldn’t dream of it, either.

10 Thank PJ G
New Orleans
“Fun place; great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The atmosphere is great here. The food is, too! The bar is impressive and always crowded. Lots of different people from students to families.

Visited October 2012