“The worst restaurant experience I have ever had” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hound

The Hound
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Auburn, Alabama
“The worst restaurant experience I have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Let me tell you about the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Though I’ve had a few crummy experiences, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can compare to the atrocious experience I had at Bloodhound’s. The short version: We had a 2 hour wait for mediocre food, dealt with a snarky manager, and were loudly accused of theft in front of numerous other customers.

If you’re going to treat your customers so badly that you expect them to walk out without paying, at least have the decency to check their table before you publicly accuse them of theft.

Though we were in line before it opened and were 8th or 9th in line, it took forty minutes to get a table. Our orders were taken fairly promptly, but fifty minutes passed and we still did not have our food. Two of our group had to leave, and were not even able to get their food. After another ten minutes passed, and we were finally informed that our food would be on the way out soon, we asked to speak to a manager. Instead of simply apologizing for the wait and trying to remedy the situation as best as possible, we were treated as though we were being completely unreasonable, expecting our food to make it out in such time. Now would be a good time to mention that the food we were waiting on, the food being served at this hour, consisted of eggs, toast, bacon, and sandwiches comprised of said ingredients. We were informed that when it was crowded, it could take a long time for the food to come out. As there were numerous empty tables around us, I can’t imagine what the service would have been like had it truly been crowded. We then mentioned that we’d like to get our food before they stopped serving brunch (we arrived at 10, it was almost 12 by this point) and were informed that they served brunch until 3. Now, whether this was simply information packaged poorly, or sheer snark, it was certainly not a good response given the situation. After another ten minutes, the food finally arrived, though it was lukewarm and generally disappointing. We ate and asked for the check. When we got the check, it was the wrong one, still containing the additional items for the people who had had to leave before the food came out. Our waiter apologized and quickly got us the correct ticket. After a thoroughly unpleasant experience, we wished only to pay and get out. We left cash with the ticket on our table and walked out. Just outside the entrance, another waiter came sprinting out, shouting at us past all the other waiting customers, “Hey! Did you pay?” I then walked back inside to our table with the waiter who accosted us, waiting along the way as he stopped to converse in mumbles with other waiters while pointing at us and our table. After scooping the ticket and cash up off the table and placing it in the waiter’s outstretched hand, we finally left.

This was truly the most horrible, awful, unpleasant, and infuriating restaurant experience I have ever had. It’s almost silly to say “I won’t be going back,” as I would hope anyone that had such an experience wouldn’t dream of it, either.

• Visited October 2012
10 Thank PJ G

New Orleans
“Fun place; great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The atmosphere is great here. The food is, too! The bar is impressive and always crowded. Lots of different people from students to families.

Visited October 2012
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Very good food but the worst service we have ever had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Being a fairly regular restaurant patron, I understand that management can't be involved in every minute of a diner's experience. For that reason we will give The Hound one more try. The food was very good with what my wife described as the best grilled cheese sandwich she ever had. The hamburger my daughter had was excellent also. The problem is that once the food was served, our waiter never returned. No refills on drinks or follow up checks, such as if the food was prepared to our liking. All this while he was in plain sight entertaining another table of, apparently, his friends. We even had to run down another waiter for our check! Oh well, this is definitely a temporary problem as with this type of service I doubt that, either the restaurant will remain open or this waiter will go onto another restaurant as his tips won't allow him to support himself very well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BluesDoctor
Boaz, Alabama
“Interesting place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful, a bit too dark. Excellent food, great bar selection, a bit pricy, ask the price of the daily special. I didn't and it was $10 more than the typical entree

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Auburn, AL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Varied delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I don't think I've had any disappointments with their food so far. I've tried their hot dogs and their hamburgers, and they were both considerably above average.

YOU MUST TRY THEIR FRIES!

Also, their beer selection is great. Many local as well as international drafts are avaialble.

Visited July 2012