“Varied delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hound

The Hound
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 214 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Auburn, AL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Varied delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I don't think I've had any disappointments with their food so far. I've tried their hot dogs and their hamburgers, and they were both considerably above average.

YOU MUST TRY THEIR FRIES!

Also, their beer selection is great. Many local as well as international drafts are avaialble.

Visited July 2012

Alabama
“Erratic - some good, some not so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

When we first saw the menu I was highly skeptical given the prices for the described dishes, but my wife was bringing a group of ladies from work there, so I tagged along to see. I concur with another reviewer that the fried green beans are very good - maybe even the highlight of the meal. They had a special half ground ribeye half bacon burger for $5, so I thought I'd try it instead of the ridiculously priced bison burger. Burger was very good, though the roll was so-so. Fries had been sitting around and could have been great if they were fresh, but they were far from it. A large amount of second rate fries does not make them taste any better. My wife really enjoyed her turkey avocado sandwich and I agreed it tasted good.

Had the bread pudding desert and it was decent, but not worth ever having again. You were not going to slap your momma over it, for sure. If a salesman was taking you to lunch, then I might get it, again, but sure wouldn't want to spend my money on it.

Service was average. Nothing spectacularly attentive, and nothing horrid.

Italy
“SO good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Everyone I know is ecstatic about this new addition to Auburn. Who doesn't love when we get new restaurants?? In the past week and a half I've been here three times--twice for dinner and once for brunch. At dinner I've gotten the "little piggy grilled cheese" which is delicious but not a traditional grilled cheese. I'm planning on trying the veggie lasagna next time. At brunch I had the "redneck benedict" which was also great, and a very different twist on the traditional eggs benedict breakfast. Their bloody mary is AWESOME. The pepperjelly and pimento cheese appetizers are great and taste really homemade and fresh! The people I've eaten with every time have loved it too. If you haven't tried it yet, GO.

Auburn
“Good place for a beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have eaten here two times and that was at the bar. I can't speak for the dining room service, but the service at the bar was fine. The beer selection is good, but I have to agree with the other reviewers that the food is so-so. I must say that the French fries are super yummy. I had the little piggy sandwich and it was pretty good. I just wish they had more of a selection on their menu.

Overall good if you want to sit at the bar and have a few beers and maybe a snack.

Auburn Alabama
“Wish it were better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Very good beer selection with several Alabama beers on draft. Meals are so-so, served cold. Staff inattentive and not service-oriented. Probably best for beer and an appetizer at the bar, with low expectations. If management could gets its act together, this could be a good audition to Auburn.

1 Thank AuburnWine