“Food: very tasty, reasonably-priced lunch...”

The Hotel at Auburn University
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Food: very tasty, reasonably-priced lunch...”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Food: very tasty, reasonably-priced lunch and breakfast buffets highly recommended.
Service: mostly staffed with college students eager to please. I don't have a bad thing to say about a single one. They really do go above and beyond with friendliness and professionalism.
Rooms: comfortable clean and modern

I would travel out of the way to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank BostonianT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We have watched this hotel remake itself from a typical college weekend hotel to a 5-star hotel and restaurant. The staff is well-trained and professional yet knows the names of all returning guests and their preferences. The quality of the lounge and the restaurant have risen from the typical hotel locations to an end in themselves. Locals are known to visit the lounge for the atmosphere and music - a classy, adult locale to hear jazz and meet friends. The restaurant offers quality food at good prices with excellent service.

The rooms have been completely renovated, including linens and furnishings and now offer quiet, restful visits in a upscale atmosphere. However, the renovations have not replaced the most important trait - the personalized service offered. Each staff member has one interest only - to make every guest feel at home and to make that guest's stay the best one possible.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My daughter and I were on a campus tour of Auburn Univ and had our two dogs with us. We found that the hotel was pet friendly thru bringfido.com website. The hotel tells you that there is a $250 "charge" deposit for the dogs, but don't let this concern you if your dogs are well behaved. We did not see any charge on our bill. The hotel does not permit you to leave your dogs unattended in the room and could not help us find a dog sitter, so we found one thru the internet and she (Celia, the owner) was excellent at
http://opelika-auburncrittersitter.com/index.html. We recommended Celia to the hotel so perhaps they will now be able to recommend a sitter when you book. The hotel was loaded with dogs during out visit. The hotel is right across the street from the University so we were able to walk across to the Quad to begin our tour. This is much more convenient than meeting at the museum and taking the bus. The service was excellent at the hotel and the rooms was very nice. I would recommend they put some kind of a table in the room as we ordered room service for dinner and really had no place to eat our meal comfortably. Other than that minor detail, the hotel is great and if you're traveling with dogs, they are most welcoming!

• Stayed August 2010
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed August 20, 2010

In case you are looking for your home away from home when you are visiting Auburn, Alabama well I know the PERFECT place for you to stay. I cannot begin to tell you just how friendly and accommodating the entire staff is at the Auburn Hotel, well let me try. It does not matter what time we check in early morning are late at night we are always greeted with genuine southern charm. We have been staying at the Auburn hotel for 2 years and not once have we had a bad experience. We are there every weekend during football season and many times throughout the year with a very involved student at Auburn University. A major bonus for choosing the Auburn Hotel as our home away from home is they allow you to bring your dogs! Wow, is that exciting or what? Of course I would not advise you to take a rowdy family pet due to the possibility of it disturbing your surrounding guest. The hotel is also convenient to everything in Auburn. We can park our car during football season when we arrive on Friday and never get back in it until we leave on Sunday evening. Plus, it is a safe place to park with a guarantee of no parking tickets....which sounds funny, but I am serious. If you park somewhere in Auburn that is not allowed you can bet you are going to get a ticket! Also, be sure you are very careful to read all traffic signs, I almost got a ticket for making a right on red, which is allowed in Mobile, Alabama. It is also allowed in Auburn in most places, but not an intersection around Magnolia. Ok back to my home away from home information, they have a nice swimming pool to relax in, a gym for your daily workouts, a an award-winning restaurant ,Ariccia Trattoria & Bar or join your friends and have a drink at Piccolo, Auburn's newest gathering place where one can enjoy specialty cocktails and a large variety of appetizers and desserts. Speaking of large brings to mind the wonderful large bathrooms. The hotel will even provide you with a blow up bed if you need a place for one more person to sleep in your room and let me also say it is not your old fashioned blow up bed that deflates on you overnight and when you wake up in the morning it is part of the floor, it is huge and my 200 pound son does not mind sleeping on it! It may be silly but I also love the personal touch of them greeting me as I enter the lobby or exit it by using my name. Let me also say that I am truly just an average every day person and the hotel treats me as though I am royalty from the time I arrive until our departure. Also, every now and then when we go to church with our daughter and take her and a couple friends for a Sunday lunch before leaving, the hotel is very understanding about allowing us to check out late from time to time, this is not a privilege for one to abuse. If you have any questions or concerns one of my very favorite employees to work with at our home away from home is Laura Stirling, Front Office Manager. From the very first time I met Laura to the present day she has always bent over backwards to make our families stay at the hotel above and beyond our expectations. She is like part of our extended Auburn Family. The hotel is located on College Street which is just 5 minutes from the interstate, and all the other popular places to visit while staying in Auburn, along with sidewalk shopping galore. The entire parking lot is well lit for safety, sidewalks surround the hotel, if you get a room in the front of the hotel you have a wonderful view of the campus at Auburn University. They also have just recently updated all the rooms. Be sure you visit the website for a list of all the benefits and amenities while staying at the Auburn Hotel. One area we love is by the huge fireplace that we nestle by in comfy big over sized chairs with friends for hours of fun and laughter to my corny jokes. Last but not least in case you couldn't figure it out from my post we absolutely love the Auburn Hotel and would love for you to join our Auburn Hotel Family!! War Eagle and be sure when you check in that you meet Laura and tell her that you have read about just how much the Twilley’s love their Auburn Hotel Family and home away from home!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sillytwilley53
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Went to see Auburn with my 2 teenagers. I thought this would be the most convenient spot directly across from campus... and it was the perfect location. But better than that, it was a beauty of a hotel. I am a clean freak, and the room and bathroom were perfect. Very new looking. And I have never seen a walk-in shower that large and nice in a standard 2 queen room.
Hotel greatly exceeded my expectaions.. would highly recommend for a visit to Auburn.
Clean, beautiful, friendly.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Alpharetta
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Loved this hotel! From the attentive staff to the great layout of the public areas as well as the rooms and the beautiful pool and landscaping. It is one of the most pleasant stays I have ever had in a hotel!.This hotel achieves what all others are striving for! Made me miss the deep south!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
boca raton, fl
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Did not know what to expect since it is right across from the University and most of the other hotels I saw in the area where your basic Sleep inns, Comfort Inns, etc, but I was very impressed with the hotel and staff. Hotel is right across from the University's Library, walking distance to everything, including town. Hotel was clean and updated, staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly. Room had all the ammenites we needed. Breakfast buffet was great. They offer two different ones. One is more continental for 7 dollars and the other one was full buffet for just a few dollars more. A really nice stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family