“Kimmiepugh1988 "First Class Hotel!"”

The Hotel at Auburn University
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Destin, Florida
“Kimmiepugh1988 "First Class Hotel!"”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for years, and now that my daughter attends Auburn it has become a home away from home! I feel the southern hospitality from the moment I drive up to the front doors. The staff greets me, and helps me unload my baggage. The lobby is charming, and my room is always clean and comfortable. The location is perfect, in fact, I can park my car and walk to the university or downtown. The Hotel restaurant, Ariccia, has a diverse menu with excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, wether you are staying for business or pleasure. The Auburn Hotel has it all; excellent staff, beautiful rooms, a central location, great food in the restaurant, lounge, and coffee shop, and the rates are reasonable. I enjoy staying in nice places, and this is truly one of my favorites.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms in every part of the hotel, and I have never been disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Kimmiepugh1988:

Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us such wonderful feedback on your stays here at The Hotel at Auburn University!

As you know, The Hotel also functions as a living laboratory for our AU students who are pursuing a degree in Hospitality Management, so I love to share reviews such as yours with them, and they truly appreciate your praise.

We like to consider ourselves the front door to Auburn University, as well as a home away from home for countless generations of the AU family. We truly enjoy welcoming all of our guests, especially guests like yourself, who have gotten to know our staff and students over the years, watching them grow in their positions as they progress thru AU.

I truly appreciate your kind words, and for being such a loyal friend and supporter of our hotel; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Auburn Hotel for a reunion. This hotel is very comfortable and well run. Most of our meals were included in the conference at the hotel and they were all very good, well prepared and 2 times when the meals were not provided, we ate in the restaurant. Both were buffets and while a little expensive, they were very good. We plan on returning to this hotel again and again both for the location and the service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear jthomas1974:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent reunion and for taking a moment to give us such a wonderful review here on Trip Advisor.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at the hotel, both in our banquet rooms, as well as in our restaurant. As you know, we have a wonderful staff of Auburn University students, led by seasoned industry professionals, who go the extra mile each and every day, in order to make sure our guests have a memorable stay.

We look forward to seeing you back in Auburn in the future, and can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Had poor service in hotel restaurant. Waited 50 minutes between salad and entree. Our dinner lasted 3.25 hrs. I know they are students, but if they want a career in hotel mgmt. they need more lessons on service and efficiency. Our food order may not have been sent to the kitchen. Also there was late luggage pickup as front desk thought Hawaii tour group was staying two days, .not one. My room charges almost got charged to our tour director not to me. So disappointed. I cannot recommend this hotel. Mgmt. needs to address issues. There is a disconnection between staff and mgmt. Unfortunately, the customer suffers.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear C H:

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking a moment to offer your honest feedback regarding your stay.

I do apologize for the inconsistent service that your tour group received while dining in Ariccia Trattoria, as well as at the Reception Desk. As you noted, the majority of our staff are students at Auburn University, and are gaining practical experience in the industry to supplement their classroom studies. As the majority of our reviews on Trip Advisor note, our staff is one of our strongest assets; however every now and then even a good staff has some challenges, and when this happens we rely on the feedback from guests such as yourself to learn, train, and make our staff even better.

I do hope that the rest of your tour across the country has been flawless and that you have safe travels back to Hawaii.

Newtown, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for several years in a row as part of a conference. Extremely nice hotel. Upon checking in this year there was an issue with the reservation and instead of being changed had been cancelled. The two young ladies at the front desk and the manager handled the issue with professionalism and warmth (a rare combination) and everyone was accommodated. I travel 100+ nights per year and was very impressed in how well they handled the situation. When I called for a late check out a few days later as my presentation was going to overlap check out time, I was greeted by name and my request handled quickly and efficiently. the conference I attended was at the hotel so I met maintenance people in the hall way during the middle of the day when most guests had already left for the day. Every one of them smiled broadly and greeted me. A very nice hotel, but the staff makes this one tops in my book.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Thomas L:

Thank you for being our guest on your annual visits to Auburn, and for taking a moment to offer us such great feedback on your stays.

I do apologize for the mix up in your reservations, but I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to quickly remedy the situation with warmth and professionalism. We have a fantastic staff of Auburn University students led by a team of hospitality professionals; they genuinely care about AU and the hotel, and they love showing our guests that Southern Hospitality is alive and well in the loveliest village on the plains.

Thank you again for being our guest; we look forward to welcoming you back for next years conference!

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were here for a wedding. The rooms were clean and the staff was nice. No bellman and the lack of a covered place to unload/load luggage get this property an average rating instead of a very good. With so many weddings here and people bringing in nice clothes and lots of stuff - why not add a few bellmen? And a covered drop off area is badly needed.
The breakfast buffet was delicious but our server wasn't so attentive. The wedding reception was well staffed though and we had a ball!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear LynnJM:

Thank you for being our guest during your visit to Auburn and for taking a moment to give us your feedback regarding your stay.

I do apologize that one of our bellmen was not available to assist you upon arrival, as well as the lack of a covered loading area at the main entrance of the hotel. Several months ago, we began a feasibility study to see if it would be possible to construct a porte-cochere at the main entrance to the hotel which would provide a covered area for entering the hotel. If all goes well, we hope to start construction on this project later in the year, and we are certainly excited about this substantial upgrade to our hotel.

I do hope that if your travels bring you back to Auburn, we have the chance to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. All the groomsmen had a room together for the wedding, which was good because SkyBar was within walking distance. I enjoyed the hotel so much I ended up getting another room after the wedding with my date. It is definitely not a cheap hotel I believe I paid 200+ for one night, but I enjoyed it and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Creighton W:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your visit to Auburn and for taking a moment to give us such a positive review here on Trip Advisor.

As so many of our guests have noted, being on the campus of Auburn University makes us a favorite hotel for visitors looking to be in close walking distance to all that Auburn has to offer. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time and even stayed over an extra day!

Thank you again for being our guest; we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring to Auburn once again.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and found the facilities very nice. The rooms were nice and well cleaned. The hotel has a variety of conference and meeting rooms. The smaller rooms are great for about a dozen people to the ballrooms which can hold a few hundred. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located meaning that there are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance. Parking is plentiful and the campus is right across the street. The rooms are a little above the average price but due to the central location the extra cost is worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear GAmicro:

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to Auburn, and for giving us such an excellent review of your experience.

We like to think that we offer everything a visitor to Auburn could want, from location, to dining, to comfortable rooms. As Auburn University's hotel and conference center, we have a wide variety of conference space, and can accommodate most groups, small or large. It’s always rewarding to receive feedback from our guests that we are doing the right things and have the right facilities for their needs.

Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Auburn.