“Convenient for AU visit.”

The Hotel at Auburn University
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel while visiting the AU campus. The location is very convenient - it is a short walk to the Quad Center where you check in for the tours. Also, by staying at the hotel, you eliminate the need to park at the Fine Arts building and ride a bus to campus.

• Stayed: February 2013
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear HighXpectationz:

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Auburn University, and for taking a moment to give us such a nice review of your experience.

As others have noted, our location on the campus of Auburn University can't be beat; you are literally steps away from everything AU and Auburn has to offer.

I hope that your daughter had a fantastic visit to AU and chooses to become a member of the Auburn Family; we would love to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the years to come.

War Eagle!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is very classy and serene even in a very crowded, busy section of Auburn. The staff were friendly at check-in even though we arrived early. They quickly checked us in and assured us that we had a room close to the elevator so my mother did not have to walk down a long hall. The only negative is how small the room was with two double beds. There was only room for one comfortable chair - there was another desk chair at the desk but it was far from being comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and functional with a walk-in shower.

Dear Becky052:

Thank you so much for your January stay with us, and for taking a moment to offer us feedback on your experience.

I'm so happy to hear that the hotel was able to provide you a serene space in this very busy portion of Auburn. Our location on the campus of Auburn University makes us the favorite choice for those visiting the area, putting our guests right in the middle of everything Auburn has to offer.

I'm pleased that we were able to accommodate your request for a room close to the elevators, and that you found the bathroom to be very nice and functional. I'm sorry that you didn't have enough space with two beds in the room; we have several larger room types, including suites which do offer the ability to have two beds. Our reservations staff would be delighted to assist you with finding the perfect room should your travels bring you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.

Thank you again for spending your time in Auburn with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband, and I were visiting friends in Auburn a few weeks ago. Our friends recommended that we dine at the restaurant in the Hotel at Auburn University, Ariccia, as we are both fans of Italian cuisine. What I would like to comment on was the attentiveness and amazing care that one of the members of staff, Chef Gary, took of us. When the pizza that we had ordered arrived a little differently then we had expected (we have a very fussy little eater with us too) Chef Gary came to our table personally to see exactly what we had ordered and ensured us that he would rectify it for us. Our dining experience from then on was amazing, we shared a starter, the croccante, which was beautiful. My husband had the rib-eye steak (cooked to perfection), and the pasta carbonara was one of the nicest that we have tasted. When Chef Gary returned to our table at the end of the meal he explained to us his tricks of the trade and told us about the cooking classes that he teaches at the hotel. I will definitely be making it my business to return to the hotel and attend the classes with our friends. We may even treat ourselves to a couple of nights at this lovely hotel.

Dear Lilly A:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your experience in Ariccia Trattoria, at The Hotel at Auburn University.

As a favorite of our guests and local residents alike, Ariccia has a very loyal following who enjoy the restaurants classic Italian cuisine and handcrafted pizzas.

I'm glad to hear that you had a chance to meet Chef Garry Anderson, and that he was able ensure that you meal was flawless. He takes great pride in the restaurant and truly wants all of his guests to have an experience in Ariccia that is second to none.

I do hope that you have a chance to come back to visit your friends in Auburn; we would love to have you stay a few nights with us!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was supposed to be the best hotel in Auburn Alabama and it certainly was the most expensive. To begin with, we got there at 4:30 PM and our room was not ready. We were told it could be as much as an hour before the room was ready and we were told to go to the bar and wait. I asked if they were buying our drinks and we were told it was illegal in Alabama to comp drinks. So we waited at the bar for almost an hour and bought our own VERY expensive drinks (is this a ruse to make more money for the hotel!?!?) The lobby and bar was decently appointed but a little shabby. We finally got the call our room was ready. It was supposed to be a king "deluxe" room. There was nothing really deluxe about it. It was a holtel room. The carpet was worn. The desk chair was tattered. It was relatively clean. It was ok, but if that is the best in Auburn Alabama it is sad.

Dear princes110:

Thank you so much for staying with us during your January visit to Auburn, and for taking a moment to offer your feedback on your experience.

I would like to apologize for the delay you experienced getting into your guest room upon your arrival. We strive to have our guestrooms available upon our guests arrival, and I certainly understand the inconvenience that we caused you by not having your room ready. Additionally, I do apologize for the condition of the carpet and desk chair in your room. I do hope that we were able to move you to a different, and more suitable room once this issue was brought to our attention. Please don’t ever hesitate to contact any member of our staff for anything that you might need; they are all empowered to anything needed to ensure that your stay exceeds your expectations.

I do hope that should your travels bring you back to Auburn, you might give us a second chance to provide you with the type of stay that you would expect and deserve from The Hotel at Auburn University.

Executive Assistant Manger - Rooms Division

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I used to have to go to Auburn for business and at first didn't know what to expect from a small university town hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant served delicious food. They had an appetizer that used to be on the menu called 'Sand Mountain' that had won an award. It was so good I asked the chef to make it for me each time I went back. The rooms were clean, up to date and comfortable. You can't beat the location as it is basically across the street from the center of campus. If you exercise, there is a small gym and pool at the hotel. However it is also a great place to start/finish your run around the scenic campus. Its also walking distance to anything around town (stores, restaurants, etc.). After staying there the first time, I looked forward to staying there on each trip back to town. It was a great way to experience a great university town. I would much rather to back to the Hotel at Auburn than stay at most of the other places I've had to stay while traveling for business.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear J T:

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us, and for giving us such great feedback regarding you visit.

We pride ourselves on offering visitors to Auburn an experience that exceeds what one would normally find at a university owned hotel. Because of our partnership with the Hospitality Management program at Auburn University, we have an educational mission that most properties don't have; we take great pride in our mission of training the next generation of hospitality professionals.

Thank you again for being such a loyal guest of ours; we look forward to welcoming you back to Auburn in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were in Auburn to tour the university. I booked based on reviews and proximity to the school. We were very pleased with the accommodations, cleanliness, and friendliness of the hotel. Although we only stayed one night, I spent time in the lobby and restaurant during the morning hours. Everyone coming into the lobby was given a warm southern welcome and directed to where they were headed within the convention area. The restaurant offered a buffet or a menu of choices. My breakfast was fabulous. There is not a better located hotel to the university. We were able to walk across the street to join our tour, which was much easier than the parking option for the tour. If we return to Auburn, I will definitely stay at The Hotel at Auburn University.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear KimberlyB:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent visit and tour of Auburn University.

Unlike most hotels, we have an expanded mission because we are owned by AU and serve as a training facility for the Hospitality Management program at the university. We have a wonderful staff of seasoned hospitality professionals who lead an energetic and enthusiastic staff of student employees who are training to become the next generation of hospitality managers. They love AU and showing our guests their pride in the University, and proving that Southern Hospitality is alive and well in Auburn.

I do hope that you enjoyed your visit to Auburn and that you choose to become a member of the Auburn Family; we would love to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University over the coming years!

War Eagle!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I absolutely love staying in this hotel. Check for AARP/AAA discounts. It's a beautiful hotel with a nice restaurant and bar downstairs. Great jazz combo playing when I was there. The rooms are immaculate....nice bed and tv. All the dark wood in the hotel makes it feel warm and cozy. You need to book early if you want to stay here. Some of my family members waited too long and couldn't get in the hotel with all the other family reunion members. Everything I have to say about the hotel is positive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Manhattan44:

Thank you so much for being our guest at The Hotel at Auburn University and for taking a moment to give us such wonderful feedback regarding your visit!

It's always such a treat to be able to share such positive feedback with our staff, and they truly appreciate your praise and recognition of the hard work that they do each and every day.

I'm happy that you were able to enjoy our newly redecorated Ariccia Restaurant and Bar; the Jazz combo has been an Auburn favorite for years and have a loyal following of guests and residents alike.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel at Auburn University on your next visit to Auburn!