“Not the quality we saw at other locations”

Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Gainesville, United States
“Not the quality we saw at other locations”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Room was not very clean. The breakfast arrangement was disorganized and confusing, and the staff seemed disorganized and confused as well. Others were having the same experience. 3 wait staff "served" us, yet I had to get our flatware myself long after our food arrived and had asked twice. There were 2 of us, yet only 1 had a coffee cup, even after asking 3 times. (Only then was I shown the self serve pots.) We asked for ketchup from 2 staff members after our food arrived and never got it. The 2 menu options were never explained, nor were we shown or given a menu. Very disappointing after hearing it would be good from a former client.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Susan D
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We take great pride in serving our guest and I am sorry to say that we let you down. I have addressed all issues with the appropriate departments and I promise you that the problems that you encountered will not happen again. Once again, I do apologize and do hope that you will give us another chance at making your stay a "perfect" stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

we spend a night their and it was nice. service was good and the place easy to find as well as clean.
happy hour from 5.30pm till 6.30pm 2 beers per person and snacks
swimming pool was clean and of good size for some exercise to burn the happy hours consumption. the gym was not so big but enough to burn calories. also a sauna looking nice.
rooms were big and well equipped.
breakfast was generous
the only issue is if you dont have a car it could be difficult, almost forgot big cinema complex right near the hotel

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received while staying here. We pride ourselves in giving "great" customer service. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Modesto, California
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were in town to tour Auburn University. The lobby area has a modern, bright decor, with several comfortable seating arrangements. The front desk attendant was extremely helpful, especially when she found we needed a room with a sofa bed, which I hadn't booked. She was able to quickly accommodate our needs and was very pleasant. The room turned out to be spacious enough for our family of three, without feeling crowded (as is the case in many rooms with sofa beds). The room was very clean and quiet. (We had a room at the end of the hall, away from elevators and ice machines.) The hotel is in a convenient location if you are going to the University. We would stay there again if our son attends AU.

Side note: Cocktails in the lobby are a bit pricey for what you get. Italian restaurant next door was convenient and good!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your gracious comments based on your experience while staying with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Mount Pleasant, SC, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was looking for a moderately priced relatively new facility conveniently located near certain activities in this area. This particular hotel certainly provided the right location for access through and around the Auburn-Opelika area. Quality dining was available in the hotel and also a variety of dining experiences was conveniently found close by. Staff was actively maintaining the cleanliness and operation of facilities without interfering with enjoyment of the ambience. Easy access to local thoroughfares as well as the Interstate. Although located adjacent to the airport, there was no noise observed from that facility during my stay. Staff was recovering from a 100% occupancy situation (college graduation weekend) but everything was neat and orderly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our property based on your most recent stay with us. We do hope that you enjoyed the recent renovations. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was in town for a friend's shower and needed a room for a one night quick trip. When I checked in at 4:00 (check in time is 3), I was told my room wasn't ready yet because they were behind. I thought I was going to have to sit and wait on a room, but the extremely helpful woman at the front desk (wish I remembered her name) gave me a complimentary upgrade to a suite so I wouldn't have to. The room was nice and clean, and you can tell they've worked at updating the rooms (though some of the furniture/carpet is still outdated). The bed was comfy and had no problems with noise. Good location. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. We take pride in our job and our property and we see that you enjoyed your stay and that does mean a lot to us. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2014

They still haven't credited my account with HHonors points for my stay! The property itself was fairly clean. Couldn't adjust the bed, it was too difficult and I was too tired to spend the amount of time needed to figure it out. Worst was the terrible breakfast experience. I first had to beg to place an order for an omelet and worse, it took 15 minutes. It was a cluster and I finally left.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing to take the time to review our property based on your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. I do apologize that you had a bad experience. I have addressed all issues with the appropriate department heads and I do promise you that you will not have a bad experience if you return to our property. When you return, please take the time to let me know that you are here and I will be glad to serve you breakfast on me. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Hillsborough
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here in order to do a college visit at Auburn University. Jo at the front desk was extremely helpful and provided a map of the area and told us where to not only find the school but also places to shop and eat. The room was very clean and large enough for my daughter and I to enjoy the visit without being in each other's way. I don't think this will be our last trip to visit this school and I know where I'll be staying for all future trips!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn for your most recent stay. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Jo is a great asset to our property and I will be glad to pass along the great comments. We do hope that you enjoyed our recent renovations. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.