“$4 PBR pitchers. Best part of Momma G's.”

Momma Goldberg's Deli
Ranked #24 of 222 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Auburn, Alabama, United States
“$4 PBR pitchers. Best part of Momma G's.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The place itself is good looking, with wood and a nice patio that's well-maintained and a flat screen outside. The food is pretty horribly overpriced, though, and me and my friends usually only go for the pitcher deals they've got, because those are actually great. It's been a few months since I've ordered food, since I know the subs and nachos they've got are usually mushy and sub-par. Not worth paying $6 for a plate of nachos, sorry.

The hours are good, though, and the employees keep up a nice college feel, except for that one weird-looking guy who looks like he's about to murder us all.

The inside is pretty uncomfortable to sit in, and the atmosphere can be obnoxious at nights, but again: $4 pitchers, anybody?

• Visited July 2013

Auburn, AL
“This Place is Okay But Way Overrated”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have ate at Momma G's over the years from time to time. I just can't really get into it. The food is awfully expensive and the portions are too small for the price. The atmosphere is the saving grace at these restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
Fayetteville, Tennessee
“College Town Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you're looking for a taste of Auburn, look no further, The decor and atmosphere reflect the college scene, and the menu offers a surprising variety of sandwiches and salads. I try something new every time, with the side of loaded nachos. That said, the sandwiches are hot, with soft bread and lots of sauce. The food is reasonably priced, and service is typically very efficient. Excellent casual lunch choice.

• Visited May 2013
Opelika, Alabama
“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great selection and delicious food! I find myself drawn to this place every time I pass by. They have multiple locations now which is great!

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Love me some Momma's Love”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I will preface this review by stating that I went to college in Auburn and spent 4 years eating Momma G's sandwiches. I love the Momma's Love and Nachos (Doritos Nacho Cheeser chips and melted pepper jack). The decor isn't fancy, but it feels like Auburn to me. If you're looking for a good local sandwich, this is a place to stop.

• Visited February 2013