“Pretty good sandwich”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thought they had a decent sandwich. My only complaint was it seemed they soaked the bun in some kind of lettuce/cabbage mixture, and I do not like lettuce (which was known because I ordered with no lettuce).

There are newer reviews for Momma Goldberg's Deli

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I am always a fan of a mom and pop sandwich versus a franchise! This place aims to please. It is tasty and fills you up. Several choices for bread and the Doritos nachos are very very tasty!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Traveling on I-85 with my wife and two other couples, we decided to stop in Auburn for a quick lunch. I volunteered to check TripAdvisor and chose Momma Goldbergs as a deli sandwich sounded good to everyone. As it was located practically on the campus we weren't surprised to find that it was studiously tacky with rather crude furnishings. That was fine with us but when the sandwich orders came up everyone was disappointed if not stunned. They had been steamed to the point that they were unbelievably soggy. The bread was as wet as a sponge and what meat there was had virtually melted into the bread dough. No one said much in the restaurant but, once back in the car, I got an earfull !! I made no more recommendations during our four-day trip. On the way back to the interstate, we passed a Firehouse Subs and wished we had stopped there.

1  Thank delzville
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I graduated from Auburn University so I've been to Momma G's many times. The original location is still the BEST!!! A Momma's Love is my favorite sandwich ever. The character of the original location can't be beat. It's more than the food. It's an Auburn tradition.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Although there are some very nice franchises out there, I highly recommend going to the original (corner of Magnolia and Donahue). It can be a little frantic inside - especially on game weekends - but the food is awesome. Never been unhappy with any item we've ordered there.