“Don't” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Temecula, California
“Don't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you are thinking of staying here, I have only one word of warning, "don't." It is the worst lodging this side of the "Bates Motel." I booked this motel only because it was the only one near a venue we were attending. We had stayed there many years ago when it was a Days Inn and it was adequate. We didn't expect much but it was so bad we left after only one night and booked a Holiday Inn Express 7 miles away. I have never stayed at a Quality Inn but I suspect this one hadn't been expected. If it had, the inspector should be fired. I can't imagine any franchise would want its name on this one. The place was tattered and dirty with trash stuffed behind the nightstands. Nothing worked and there was no place to hang your clothes.

Room Tip: We asked to be moved when we discovered the light in the bathroom flashed all the time like a strob...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jane C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Spring
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were traveling from Texas to South Carolina about 2:30am couldn't make it much further so decide to pull off and get a room had a small dog with us so couldn't stay in the hotels off they highway as they were full or did not except pets. Checked in here. Lady was nice looked so far as expected for quality inn. Got in the room air was off so it stank and was hot. Them went to put a water in the fridge couldn't hardly get it open because it was so sticky. That should of been my first sign. Went to bathroom there were hairs all on the floor and a ring in the toilet. The towels that were suppose to be white were tan looked as if the place hadn't been cleaned for decades. DISGUSTING!!!! Go up the road 40 miles it is completely worth it.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bri11488

Travelers are raving about these Atmore hotels

Foley, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is GROSS!! I stayed here this past weekend they move me from one room because nothing was working in the room. When I got in the other room it was GROSS!! Pillowcases dirty looks like someone had been in the room already. The towels that was on the rack was NASTY. No soap in room when I call front desk she said she did not have any soap or fresh towels to give me had to go out buy soap and towels.. Ask for my money back but was told they could not give back because I was there longer then 30 minutes really what kind of customer service is this place! I will not tell anybody to go stay at this place at all it is NASTY GROSS!! Never once apologize for the filth of the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marie L
Carriere, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

2/28/2014
This by far was the worst place I've stayed. I travel all over the US on business and this hotel takes the cake. Here are the problems...broken clothes rack, so I had nowhere to hang my clothes, broken towel rack, so I had nowhere to hang my towels, broken blow dryer, so I couldn't blow dry my hair, but the best one of all, the front desk gave someone a key to my room at 1:30 in the am. They either doubled booked my room???? or tried to rob me...DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank karaonthego
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel back in January. I travel across the entire country for work and am on the road for 3-4 weeks at a time. This hotel was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. I would rather stay in the gutter out front then in a room at this dump. Where to start....upon checking I went to use the microwave and found a plate that had what appeared to have once been a plate of meat and cheese but it now resembled a furry science project. I was so mold and gross that I wouldn't even touch it. I walked to the front desk and told them I wanted a new microwave and was told that they didn't have any but would switch it out in the morning. I put a small mark on the back of it when I left in the morning to make sure they actually switched it. They did but to my shock they actually put the rotten meat/cheese tray back into the new microwave!!!!!!!!!! Next up our toilet handle broke and it took them 2 days to replace it so we had to take the top off the tank off and pull up the chain to flush for two days. Next up is housekeeping. No existant, 2-3 day periods of no new towels, no cleaning, no beds made, no trash removal. When I asked the next day they came at 7am, took all the sheets, comforters, and pillow while we were still in the room and just left. Didn't return them till 3pm so we were left all day to sit on bare dirty nasty mattresses. With no other hotels in the area I was forced to endure this for almost 2 weeks. When it all finally became to much I decided I would make the 30 mile drive each way to stay in the next town with a decent hotel. I still had two days left on my weekly stay and after all this, after talking with and dealing with a terribly rude staff and even worse manager I was told no refund for my remaining days that I hadn't used. The manager never once even said sorry let alone mentioned some type of compensation. To make it worse choice hotels wont give me my points because they say it isn't a choice property and wyndham rewards says they wont pay up because its not a days inn!!?? PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY AND MAKE THIS HOTEL GO OUT OF BUSINESS

Room Tip: I would rather stay in the gutter out front then in a room at this dump
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jacob G
Decatur, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's the worst place I have ever been. One month ago I stayed. After one month later they charged me 3 times higher price of my stay. The price was 74.10 but they charged me 222.30. So I cancel it through my bank but they charged again this time 4 times of amount, 296.40. So I claimed it but the front desk never told me who is in charge of this problem.

The front desk said to me that she does not know the access code of the program. So she can not access my record.

But one week ago another front desk staff admitted that I stay there just one night.

Manager? Always not there?
the Owner? Impossible to talk.

They never call me back.

I It is a typical scam. Never go and never use your card.

I will sue this hotel for intentional overcharging and scam.

Room Tip: Never Never Never
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pontotoc, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Worse two days I've had in any hotel!!! Bathroom tub faucet was broke, you had to have a pair of pliers to turn the water on.. Pillows had stains on them, so we had to go to Walmart to buy clean pillows. The mattress had dried blood stains on them in spots.. None of the plugs worked in room, they claim they had WiFi and it did't work. We asked for a cot which they did not bring to our room like they promised, when we came back at 12 midnight had to ask for cot again, the next morning they knocked on door for room service we were still in bed at 9 am, we did not get room service that day, after we left room at 10 am.. The next day they did not have towels or tissue in room had to ask again.. The air conditioner did not work with the buttons, you had to plug it up or unplug it to turn on or off. The room was so bad that manager said she was going to have priceline to refund me one night..When priceline called them.They told a BIG lie saying that no one was aware of any problems. I would not recommend this hotel to a homeless person.

Room Tip: Never believe what you see in photos, Go to any other hotel.. cheap is not always better...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tanja V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atmore
Muskogee Inn
Muskogee Inn
#2 of 2 in Atmore
3.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews

Been to Oak Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!