“Welcomed Rest off the Road”

Royal Oaks Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atmore
Royal Oaks Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Atmore B&B and Inns
“Welcomed Rest off the Road”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Oaks B&B a couple weeks ago and it was amazing! I was touring with a trio of musicians and due to scheduling hassles we were pulling in incredibly late. The owner, Mr. Foster, stayed up and happily let us in showing us around the place. There are cottages out in the backyard, but we stayed in the main house in two incredibly large rooms upstairs. The house is a homey museum if I must say. From an mix old and modern art work, to even a letter written in the 1600s that Mr. Foster found. Although, he was ready for bed quickly, he showed where some snacks, drinks, and liquor if we so choose was located and then bid us adieu for the night. The beds were so comfy and I almost literally felt like I was at my own home...but oh so much cozier and with tons more character. In the morning Mr. Foster made us one of the best breakfasts I have had at a hotel or B&B! The eggs were creamy (which he said he added cream cheese to) and the sausage was so flavorful (which he said he added OJ to.) TASTY! Unfortunately we didn't get to stay long, but he was wonderful to chat with and we got to see the lovely backyard which has hosted weddings, has a lovely swimming pool, and if you are lucky you will get to see the GORGEOUS peacocks roaming the area. I'm not one for gambling nor really need to, but right next door is the Wind Creek Casino which Atmore takes great pride in. Only Slot Machines but everyone there was so kind when we met. Mr. Foster says he might be selling the B&B, but until then I highly recommend whether you are staying around or simply passing down the road!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank PetersonsPassport

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Elberta, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stopped at the Royal Oaks B & B before going on our trip to North Carolina. You can get a room in the main house but they have rooms out back. The room was lovely and secluded enough for us to have privacy on our honeymoon. The shower area was awesome and I loved the shampoo. The owner makes a huge breakfast for you every morning..hope you like southern cooking. They have peacocks and geese walking around. We had a neighbor in the next room but we never saw her; only her dog, the door open, and heard the TV. She never came out and we concluded she was a ghost (joking). A great stay and the super nice owner gives you homemade jelly on the way out.

Room Tip: If you want privacy ask for the rooms in the back, you can also stay in the main house.