“great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
park city, kentucky United States
“great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Ive stayed here 3 different times. Very friendly staff. Clean, big rooms. Nice breakfast and shuttle to carry to the casino. The casino is a nice big casino with an excellent buffet. Well WORTH THE MONEY. Am planning another trip this year with another couple and making reservations here. Love this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sonya B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

my husband and I decided to go to the casino on our one time getaway since we had our child. we were very very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was and how fabulous the staff was. our room was very very very clean.. and our bed was just as comfortable. the breakfast in the morning is a lot more than I expected and tasted fantastic! there is a shuttle from the hotel to the casino but we just drove our own vehicle. overall it was a fabulous visit and we cannot wait to go back again

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Union Springs, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel room service is terrible. First there was the issue with the water not having any type of pressure, then the house keeping thing just aint happening at all( full trash cans, unmade beds, no clean towels etc). When I asked to speak with management guess what not available. Ive called repeatedly since my visit and management still ain't available.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank csparks05
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atmore, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear csparks05,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to read that the housekeeping services was a let down. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and discuss your experience in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay. We look forward to hearing from you soon and serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pell City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel staff goes above and beyond to accommodate their guest. There is a managers reception on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, where they serve you dinner. The rooms are very clean and beds are comfy. Will be staying with Rainey and her staff whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank shoe_blond
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was exceptionally clean and the room was so comfortable! We especially loved all of the fluffy pillows! Everything looked brand new. They have great breakfast too! I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Hopestar25
Silverton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed for a week here and we were in a nice room, decent bathroom with nice shower. Hot water and water pressure were all good, the beds were very comfortable and the room was plenty big so we had plenty of room to move around in. The breakfast was excellent as it always is, good coffee. A couple of nights during the week they served an appreciation dinner between 6 & 7 pm. It was simple stuff, but good and very filling. We found out pretty quick that our GPS would get us lost in Atmore so we did have some trouble finding the Hotel, but asked someone in town and they gave us directions. The main thing that makes Holiday Inn one of my favorite places to stay is the fact that they always have an excellent staff that will help you in any way necessary. The cleaning staff were top notch and all I had to do was ask them about any questions I had and they relayed them for me to whoever needed to know. We were having trouble with our heating unit in our room and I asked them if they could let someone know we needed it looked at and within 10 minutes there was a maintenance man up there to fix our unit. I saw that they did have a pool, but it's an outdoor one so it was too cold to try and swim. No hot tub like they had at the one in Oklahoma, but oh well. We were more than happy with our stay. Just want to say thanks to all the wonderful staff, from the people who were at the front desk to the people who kept the breakfast stocked and made to the cleaning crew and the maintenance crew. Keep up the good work you're doing great!! :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ilovesilverton
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stopped about 1 AM on 20 December on our way to Texas. The property is easy to find, well lit, and appeared clean. The service, however, was extremely poor. The desk clerk, Tamara, was dealing with another customer checking in as I walked to the counter. She was very short with her questions to him and it was easy to tell she had an attitude right off. She could not have cared less if either of us was there and acted as if we were interrupting her. I thought he may have said or done something prior to me walking in, but found out quickly that it was her as she treated me the same way, with the same short, hateful attitude that she had with the other customer. No greeting, no "How may I help you?", and no recognition as a priority member. Had my wife and I not already unloaded the car, I would have gone to the Hampton across the street. I paid cash and was told that required another $100 deposit. Really? With that said, the room was clean, comfortable and we slept well. The bad came out again at breakfast. I knew what to expect having stayed at HI Express many times before, but this was a disaster. The eggs were literally sitting half covered in water. There was no bacon, sausage, or muffins and this was at 8AM. We chose not to eat it and went to Hardee's down the street for breakfast. I walked to the desk to check out and the clerk was rubbing lotion all over her hands and arms. I remarked at how good it smelled and she quickly showed me the little bottle it came from. As you may have guessed it was Holiday Inn lotion. Maybe that is considered a job perk, but not in my business world. On my return trip home the 28th it would have been easy and convenient to stop in Atmore, but I passed it up and continued driving to stay in Montgomery. I do not recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Keep driving to another location.