“Gaming staff”

Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I go to wind creek once or twice a month. The rooms are excellent. the grill sucks. The fire side Steaks were great. They were compted when my son hit a jackpot for 5k We valet park every time we go there. I like the fact that is free. They expect a tip only. My wife and I are cheap gamblers we take 180 dollars when that is gone we are also. The casino staff should enforce the first come first serve on the machines. I know platinum card holders can reserve machines, but not other patrons. My wife got in an argument with another patron and the Red shirt and security guard gave her grief, But the black shirt told them they were wrong. Since then we go earlier in the day when it is not so crowded.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank daddyg0
WindCreekHospitality, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the Valet ,the guestrooms and the Fire Steakhouse! It truly is the best steak in Alabama :)
We will review your comments regarding the Grill and casino floor with the team.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I visited this Casino, from Tampa FL, for the second time within the last nine months. We were actually on our way to Biloxi and decided to stop in for a night to take advantage of the complimentary rooms. Speaking of rooms, they were some of the most comfortable rooms I have ever stayed in. The walk-in, double-headed showers was also a nice touch. They were very clean and we were completely satisfied with the stay; so much so, we decided to stay another night on our way back from Biloxi (in which our complimentary room was very average at the IP).

In addition to the rooms, we also found the "Bingo" Slots fun with a reasonable low max bet ($2.00) on a majority of the slots. This place also figured out the key to enticing players by advertising every time a jackpot is hit by playing catchy music and displaying the amounts won throughout the casino on large flat-screens. In all, the wife and I dropped about $700.00 in this casino in the two days we spent here; not too bad considering we played the max bet. However, I did notice that the games urged you to play the max-bet, but hardly ever delivered decent payouts or bonuses; when compared to players betting less than the max.

The casino offers decent food comps. We received approx. $60 in food comps which we gladly used. However, the Buffet was a big disappointment to my wife and I. I have frequented plenty of casinos in my life to include NV, FL, WA, OR, ID, MS and overseas. This Buffet was the worse I ever ate at. Most of the food was bland and dry. The selection was small and included mostly fried foods. The Asian and Italian themed food areas also did not measure up. The best part of the entire Buffet was the desserts. In our opinion, use your food comps in the other dine-in area (Grill Café); the food was much better.

In conclusion, the Wind Creek in Atmore offers a bit of gaming fun in this desolate area. The rooms were the best part of the trip. The Slots offered decent play back; just not on the max bet. The Buffet could definitely use some improvement. Although the floor manager did suggest the selection is better on seafood nights . Also, it's worth mentioning the casino also has a bowling alley, movie theater, beautiful pool, and offer spa services. We will most-likely visit the casino again, if we are ever in the area. The clean rooms, friendly staff, and low max-bet machines are worth another visit. I'm determined to get one of those Bingo Slot Jackpots! Speaking from experience, (hit $33,000 in 2001 here in Tampa when they had Bingo slots) they jackpot more often than "Las Vegas' style slots.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on floors 9 and above for the large walk-in showers. The pool view is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank FLNative72

Thank you for the kind words regarding our guestrooms! They really are some of the most comfortable, and we even sell the very popular bedding in our retail store.
Most everyone also loves hearing the "electric slide" when a jackpot is hit, and goes to show how often you have a chance of winning :)
We were sorry to hear about your experience at the buffet, and will surely address the comments with the culinary team.
We thank you again, and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stopped by Wind Creek before but not since any of the major renovations and the new hotel and casino were built. it has changed since it was a major bingo hall with slot machines. It looks nice inside. There is plenty of parking. The restaurants look nice and I even won some money. Will definitely stop through again and try the steakhouse Fire and play a few slots. There are no table games at this casino or any Alabama for that matter.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert C

We do hope that you are able to stop by again to give Fire a try. Truly the best Steakhouse in Alabama!
Thank you for taking the time to post the review, and we will share the kudos with the team.
Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My friends and family started going to Wind Creek as soon as they opened. What a great place it used to be. The place is beautiful but the fun at the slots has long disappeared. I mean we used to be able to play for 6 or 7 hours before losing whatever money we came with. But the last couple years, something has changed. Until last month, I pretty much went twice a week until the entertainment value of the slots just became too expensive. I’ve seen a couple responses about the tight slots from Wind Creek reps stating they pay 2% higher than the other Gulf Coast casinos. I really wish Wind Creek would explain that more in detail instead of quoting something that has no way of being proven or disproven.
I’m not trying to come across as a sore loser, as I never had aspirations of winning big, but dam I want play for a little while. For instance: There were originally two banks of machines boasting 95% payout. We could play those for hours up and down like a normal casino. They have removed those machines stating they were being refurbished and would be returning in a month. That was a year ago.
So let’s do the math. Wind Creek states they payout 2% higher than the other Gulf Coast casinos. The coast casinos pay 91 to 92%. So basically Wind Creek is saying they payout 93 to 94%. Well first of all Indian casinos don’t have to prove anything to anybody. Second, if it was true, then why would they yank their 95% payout machines when according to them those machines were only paying 1% higher than all the other machines? Wind Creek does give away cars and trips and huge amounts of cash in monthly drawings. I can only guess that somehow they count those in their payout %.
Well I already have a car. That’s how I get to the casino. I just want to play slots that at least pretend to want to payout once in a while.
D Hans P’cola.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite, its worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank don h
WindCreekHospitality, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry to hear you had a unpleasant experience on your last visit. You are correct, our payback is 94% and that does not include our promotional prizes. Our stated payback % is audited by both local and federal gaming commissions. There will be some variances especially when looking at individual play, but when the entire floor is taken into account our stated payback % is accurate. We realize that our guests like to spend as much time on device as possible which is why we set our games to such a high payback. We would be happy to discuss your account with you in detail at your convenience. Please email info@pcigaming.com if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Wind Creek for 1 night in March 2014. The hotel and casino are very nice. On a good note, the restaurant "Fire" was very impressive! The customer service and food are outstanding. This experience alone is enough to ensure our return. On the downside, beware of "My Club". My husband had signed up for this online prior to our arrival thinking it was the players club. IT IS NOT THE PLAYERS CLUB! Once we arrived and realized "My Club" is different from "The Club", the casino staff acted very funny about it and told us we were locked into this club for 90 days and could not simply cancel and get a players club card. We called the number provided to us, which is the hotel main number, and were told the representative was not at his desk, but he would call us back. He never called us back. We were not able to get this resolved until weeks after our visit. The other thing that I found appalling, was the crowd at the main bar in the center of the casino. It is set up with bar height chairs/slots. By 11 pm, you could not access any slots in this area because there was a large crowd of younger people, who apparently were friends with all of the bartenders, hanging out getting free drinks and NOT gambling, while we could barely squeeze in to pay premium price for a drink due to the fact we could not access the slots. I have never had this issue at any other casino in New Orleans, Biloxi or Las Vegas.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JSR1793
Reviewed February 16, 2014

By far one of the best casino/hotel visits we had on a visit where we did not make arrangements in advance. The hotel was excellent, clean well kept rooms, clean rooms as well as areas all around. The casino was fun, all of the latest slots, cocktail waitresses were Great, came by frequently, always wishing you success.

Room Tip: Ask about Military Upgrades
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill H
WindCreekHospitality, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate the kudos and take great pride on our property. We will be sure to share your comments with the team. We hope to see you back soon. Kind Regards!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed her on Valentine's Day. The room was an ordinary hotel room, noting extraordinary. Beds were comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would have given it an "average" rating, but they went out of their way to get our group to a party we were attending. THAT was above and beyond, so they're excellent in my book and I will return if I'm in the area again. I wasn't very lucky in the casino, but didn't go home broke.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MAP12

Thank you for sharing your story on the exceptional service provided by our team members! We will share your comments with the team and congratulate them all. Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments, and we hope to see you back soon. Kind Regards!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atmore
#5 of 5 in Atmore
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 2 in Bay Minette

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore? Share your experiences!