“Great fun and food - no tables” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore

Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Brookesville, fl
“Great fun and food - no tables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We took our son here on our way home visiting a college campus as he recently turned 21. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was beautiful. We had been driving all night and were exhausted so they let us check in early. You also get a choice from three scents of soap and since I like the flowery one, they let us have 2 - one for me and one for the boys. There are plenty of slots and the buffet was fabulous. We went at off times so it was like having the whole restaurant to ourselves. I loved the Asian station. The room was gorgeous, the bed super comfy, and we were overlooking their Christmas light display. Since it was our first time, we also got a food credit and free slot play. The only negative is that they do not have any table and my son was looking forward to roulette. They are also building a bowling alley.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Pine Brook, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel/casino is very spa focused. They have a wonderful, newly added spa and upon check in offer you your choice of scents for your complimentary bath soaps and shampoos. The spa itself includes a small gift shop and cafe. The food there was a healthy well priced option, I could have eaten here everyday of my 5 day stay. My group also signed up for a cooking class done on the spa property that was extremely fun and well worth the $60 per person. We made a great meal and drank wine all night before sitting down to enjoy our culinary accomplishment. The other restaurant options within the casino weren't bad. The steakhouse was wonderful but pricey and the luncheon had extremely slow service. The coffee shop was great and I enjoyed an unexpectedly delicious latte each morning. Overall a great experience I would reccommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hotel: My husband and I stayed in the Level 15 specialty rooms, and we enjoyed it. Everyone kept asking how we liked it, and telling us how special the 15th floor rooms are- made to feel like you are staying in a spa. I can't compare it to the other rooms, but our room was nice and clean, the bed was COMFY, complete with soft and firm pillows. We didn't have a special view, so I can't speak to that. The website said that there would be robes and slippers in the rooms, but we didn't have any slippers. Not a big deal to me, I don't think I would have worn them anyhow. Check-in was fast, smooth and easy.

Spa: This spa was very nice. The hospitality was top notch; everyone was so nice, warm, and welcoming to us. The decor was amazing...I'm still in awe of how nicely decorated the place was! The hot tubs are separated for male and females so I couldn't enjoy it with my husband. The hot tub was also relatively small, it can fit about 4 people comfortably. They had a coed area which has a sitting area and an outdoor warm (almost lukewarm) pool. It was ok, but if it was any cooler outside, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. We got massages and they were nice.

Casino: I'm not much of a gambler, so I don't have much to say. There were barely any bartenders walking around to offer drinks....I think we only saw one during the several hour span that we were there.

Food: We ate breakfast in the grill. The food was good, the service was basic. When we entered, there was no one at the front stand to assist us. There were two ladies standing at a counter off to the side talking, and when we asked to look at a menu, one lady just pointed to a corner and it took me a moment to find the menus. I wasn't happy about that because we were in a rush. We also ate food from the spa menu. It was sooooo good! In my opinion, it's probably the best food at Wind Creek ( not including the fancy steak house restaurant- that seems nice, but we didn't want to spend that much for a meal) I didn't think that my husband would find something that he would enjoy, because it was ultra healthy food, but we both really enjoyed our meal.

Overall, this place would make a great girls getaway in my opinion. I would say a couples getaway also, but it would have been better if we could have enjoyed more of the spa (hot tubs) together.

Room Tip: The level 15 rooms are non-smoking and have air purifiers.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank blue_25
WindCreek, Manager at Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback on your stay on our "Escape" 15th floor. We apologize for the misrepresentation of slippers being available, we will be addressing this immediately and appreciate you bringing this to our attention!!
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

What I am reviewing is the spa. I traveled with my sister to have a nice relaxing day of spa with lunch and a little gambling but what I got was the worst massage of my life. The spa facilities itself look nice and they offer a nice array of services but I wonder if the spa technician I had was experienced? I wanted to leave the table within the first 15 minutes when she did nothing but massage my shoulders within a 3 inch radius - no where else! Then she proceeded to push all of her weight with one of her arms on the back of my neck and massage with the other one down my back and put even more pressure on my lower back - OUCH!! I am surprised I am not in traction now - I definitely left feeling more sore than one should feel after a good massage.
(I get frequent massages and this one sucked!!) And the cherry on top was the cold shower and no hot water to wash off the oil slick they put all over your face, hair and body. The casino is ok but stay away from the spa.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
First, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay with us! We regret that your spa visit, however, wasn't enjoyable and relaxing!! Wind Creek will do what is acceptable to make this up to you. Please contact me further so that we can discuss your spa service and I can learn more details to provide to our Spa management regarding your experience with our massage therapist. You can contact me, Samantha Miller, at 866-946-3360 or smiller@pcigaming.com.
Montgomery
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We arrived on the night before Thanksgiving for a change from the usual. Check in was easy wit plenty of desk help for the crowd checking. This was our first visit and I had requested First Visit special. This included the room (beautiful), gaming credit and food credit for a total of $200. The staff was friendly and the casino was clean with helpful folks all around. We were on the 6th floor and looked out over the Christmas lite display, really pretty. We will go back!

Room Tip: Ask for high floors, quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Al
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have played in casinos in Reno and Lake Tahoe. I have also played the Mississippi casinos in Buloxi, Philadelphia, and Tunica. Based on my experiences of those casinos and the 3 Creek casinos I've played in Alabama, there is a noticeable difference. In general, I don't win near as often at the Creek Casinos as I do anywhere else. They are the only game in town, so to speak, and it shows. Yes, I know, the odds are stacked against me regardless, and no one is forcing me to go in a casino and play. I post these comments based on my comparisons. There are some machines that you will find in every casino I've been in, such as the Wheel of Fortune machines. The difference between winning in other casinos on those machines and the Creek Casinos is like night and day. I can't speak for the hotel at Wind Creek because I've never stayed there. But since the vast majority of people go to casinos to gamble, I thought it necessary to warn you about the vast difference in your odds of winning at the Creek Casinos.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank anniston5
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just returned from a four night stay at Wind Creek and definitely plan on going back in the near future. We arrived Thanksgiving Eve and stayed 4 nights. We live in Atlanta, so the drive for us was pretty painless because it's basically one long stretch of highway and we were there. The time difference was an hour earlier, so we gained an hour. Driving into the hotel/casino is impressive. The outside grounds are beautiful and you could see people working very hard to keep the appearance up. We saw people scraping gum from the sidewalk, others polishing the doors and the grounds being trimmed. That was a good sign in our opinion, since this was going to be our home away from home for a few nights. We were several hours early before check-in began, but the front desk had availability and checked us in right away. We were offered a choice of which toiletries we wished to have. These were presented in a nice lace baggie. The staff at the front desk was very nice and professional. Our room was on the 9th floor. The room was very clean and had upgraded linens on the bed. There was a huge flat screen television and two sitting chairs as well. The bathroom was very spacious and decorative. There was only a shower, but that worked fine for us. The shower had two shower heads and was very spacious. There's a separate water closet in the bathroom, to block off this area if needed. Also, unlike a traditional bathroom door, the door was a sliding type door. There's also a nice size closet along with a safe that's large enough to fit a laptop along with a few other electronics if needed. They also provide an ironing board along with an iron. The windows in the room were floor to ceiling and provided a nice view of the front entrance. The room is very nicely decorated with a stylish selection of furniture. Also, there's a small fridge and plenty of dresser space. The only complaint with the room that we had was the foyer was very dimly lit. This is the area with the full mirror and closet, and it was difficult to see at times. We also had issues with our toilet flushing properly, but I think that's something that can happen anywhere you go. For those needing a blow dryer, they provided this as well. Each room has an electronic device by the door where by the simple press of a button, it indicates that you want privacy, or, press another and you have housekeeping. There's room service provided 24 hours a day, but we did not use this option.

The casino area is very large. Keep in mind that these are bingo type machines. We've never played on this type of machine, so I would have to say that I much prefer the regular casino type games to these. They were fine for a few days of entertainment, but I much prefer the regular slot machines. Some machines were much older then others and either had no sound, or you had to press the buttons hard to operate the machine. There were a lot of machines though, so even on the busiest of nights, you could find a spot to play. Again, the casino is very large and located all in a circular type set-up in the main lobby. Sign up for a players card before you play to track your spending and points. Also, I had not read here before that drinks are free when you are playing, but that definitely saved us a ton of money. Getting service can be spotty, but you can walk to the center bar and they will gladly fix you a drink. Our mixed drinks were not very strong at all. I switched to wine and that worked out better. I did notice people receiving various types of beers and specialty foo foo drinks. Please make sure you tip the servers. They don't advertise this, but most of these girls are working on tips only (basically). I noticed people continuing to receive free drinks and leaving a quarter tip, or nothing. Make sure you take care of these people. They are working very hard to take care of you.

We tried the Taste Buffet the first night. The price seemed more then reasonable (i think $24.00 for the two of us). If you are wanting wine or a drink with your dinner, take it in with you to the buffet. They don't serve alcoholic drinks in here. The buffet was not labeled as to what was in each hot tray. Some things you could make out easily enough, but others, you just had to give it a try and then be surprised as to what it was. The buffet was awful. We went at a busy time, so it wasn't a matter of it being late and them letting things run out. It was just as if they cooked a bunch of items and then they were either overcooked, or, they just had no spices or flavoring in the various foods. Typically we can always find something on a buffet that's likeable, but ick....this was very very bad!

Another restaurant we tried was the "Grille". Think of a nicer version of "Alice" and Mel's diner, and that's what this restaurant was like. Kind of nice. We had breakfast each morning here and everything was made to order. The prices are very good and the food is awesome. If you don't see it on the menu, ask and they will try to make it for you. The servers here were top notch. We typically ordered your standard egg/omlette, bacon, hashbrown type breakfast. I believe it was always around $21 for both, with coffee. We also had lunch here several times and the turkey burger sliders were a hit. Also try the Philly Cheese Steak sandwhich. They do serve wine and beer in here. Since it was Thanksgiving when we ate here, we wanted to leave a better tip for our server. This is when we learned that if you add the tip to your bill at checkout, the girls don't see it for several weeks and they are taxed on it. That doesn't seem fair to me, so if you can, you may want to leave the tip at the table for your server.

There is also a five star steak house on the premises. We had planned to try this and never did. I'm sorry we didn't, but we were eating at such odd times, we didn't know from time to time if we'd keep the reservation, based on not being hungry. There is also a snack bar area that has grab and go items. We had a corndog one night from here. It was HUGE and really tasty. I think the items here are a little overpriced.

There's a lovely gift shop in the lobby area. They had the prettiest Christmas ornaments.

The hotel is decorated with beautiful lights outside by the pool area for Christmas. They have music plugged in and it really was beautiful. Since we visited at the holidays, the entire hotel was decorated beautifully.

I would recommend the Wind Creek for a weekend getaway, or just an afternoon of playing. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank thealee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Hampton Inn Atmore
Muskogee Inn
Muskogee Inn
#2 of 2 in Atmore
3.5 of 5 stars 41 reviews

Been to Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore? Share your experiences!