“Quiet relaxing stay”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Hoover, Alabama
“Quiet relaxing stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Checked in at this Athens Super 8 by chance. Had a pleasant stay for a good price. Have been back several times. Play to stay again in the near future. Staff always friendly and pleasant. Room was clean and everything was in working order. Location is convenient to two highways with many restaurants. The rooms are inside the building which I prefer.

Room Tip: I always request first floor room with king bed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HITESH P, General Manager at Super 8 Athens, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Thank you for the kind comments about your clean room. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We checked in expecting to stay one night and ended up staying three. The managers (husband and wife?) were great - friendly and accommodating. We found the room to be very clean and well maintained. Will remember this one in the future as we frequently travel down I-65.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us Your feedback is very important to us, thank you for sharing.
Franklin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and have I been staying at the Super 8 Athens, Alabama for nearly two years. The manager and his wife have always been very accommodating to me and my wife's needs. They are always courteous and pleasant upon check in and always meet my request as needed.
The housekeeping staff,managed by Peggy , does an outstanding job keeping the hotel clean and the rooms organized. She is a very dedicated individual and is pleasant to talk to.
We always look forward to our stay in Athens. Makes my travels easier when I know that there are these kind of people waiting to help us after a long day of driving. We would never consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Excellent location. Close to 4 very good restaurants.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff's helpful service and your clean room. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Newark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Close to Interstate and dining choices. Good value, super clean, and efficient check-in process. Room was very nice and odor free.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

HITESH P, Manager at Super 8 Athens, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for staying super 8 Athens I-65,also thank you for taking the time for review. We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
Medina, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

This room was by far the worst we have ever stayed in. The TV remote off and on button did not work and the picture was all green. The pocket door to the shower/toilet was stuck inside the wall and we had to jiggle it for about 10 min. to work it loose. In order for the toilet to flush, you had to hold down the handle. I would not take off my socks, the carpet was nasty and the room had a smell that we finally figured out was the left over smoke order, even though we had a non smoking room.

You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilyn C
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do review at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future