“Not impressed”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Charlotte, Michigan
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We are not picky travelers. We just want a clean room and bed. We are a family of 7 so we rented two rooms. I found moldy takeout food in the mini fridge in one room. The tv didn't work in the other room. I went to call the front desk to report it--the phone didn't work. Woke up this morning and the other tv isn't working. Everything seemed clean but the lack of attention to these other things made me wonder. The price was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: These are all exterior entrance rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank teachertug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Fully functional overnight stay on our way to vacation. We had a pleasant check in and a decent complimentary breakfast. We were only there 9 hours (including sleeping time). It is a basic motel room that is budget friendly but very functional.

Stayed March 2014
GeneralManager325, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Michael, thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast that we offer. We look forward to seeing you back with us on your return trip, and if there is anything more we can do for you please do not hesitate to give us a call!
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a basic motel and would be good for an overnight stop under the right circumstances. Even though I am a Choice Hotel Platinum member we were placed on the noisy side of this motel where there were some smoking rooms - one right next door to us. The next door room seemed to be a focal point of other smokers who gathered outside where the ventilation system picked up the smell and circulated it into our room. The odor even came into our room through the exhaust fan in the bathroom! (??) I received no satisfaction complaining at the front desk where the attendant seemed to be more interest in entertaining her friends than listening to me. I will not stay here again and do not recommend this hotel to other travelers

Room Tip: The road side of this motel is noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William S
William, allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire team regarding the issues listed during your recent visit. As a loyal guest to Choice I can understand your concern and frustration, and I assure to you that we have taken the appropriate actions needed with the Front Desk, as with our Housekeeping team and Maintenance so that we may assure to you these issues were addressed and resolved in a promptly manner. Please allow us one more chance to show you and make things right between our property and your family.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

A basic no frills room. If you just need a clean,comfortable bed and hot shower, this is a good spot. We have stayed here a few times on our way south. A nice hot free breakfast is included in the moring. Nice friendly staff.

Room Tip: We choose a non-smoking queen. Has a better price than the king bed rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nancy, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to offer a very nice breakfast for our guest to get them up and going in the mornings, and we are glad to hear you were able to enjoy it as well. We look forward to seeing you back with us when you are passing through the area again. Have a great day!
bloomington, il
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My first experience with Priceline and I got what I paid for....Let's just say this property is well worn...the whole place, inside and out, just looks beat up...typical for a Quality Inn. Part of hotel management and housekeeping is attention to detail...whenever spider webs inside a Hotel Room are visible to the naked eye, somebody is not paying attention. Given a choice, this is not a property that I would stay at again. Did I mention the garbage truck that collected right next to our room at 4:30 am?

1 Thank bikynmike
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience, and allow you to see that we handled these issues in a timely manner.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great value. Nice room. Modern decor. Clean. Comfy bed. We were passing through and needed a place. This was a good location and anice hotel. The staff wasveryfriendly. So now I need 200 characters to get this posted so the rest is junk. I said what I wanted to an a concise way.

• Stayed February 2014
GeneralManager325, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We greatly appreciate you for taking the time to complete one of our online surveys. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Ashley - Assistant Manager
Pentwater, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is an older property, with exterior entrances. Internet service was painfully slow.

If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, you may want to avoid room 223. While listed as a non-smoking room, others have smoked in that room, and it has not be sufficiently refurbished / cleaned to remove the odor. I found that side of the motel to be noisy, too.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Also more variety at breakfast than at some more expensive motels.

This property was not my first, second, or third choice in Athens, but it seemed the best value of the remaining options. Ok for one night, but would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn. Allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my entire staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Athens.

Thanks Again,