“Nice and clean - great bargain!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed as a midway point of a long trip, and this hotel was wonderful! Clean, quiet rooms, nice employees, and near the interstate and several restaurants and shops. Breakfast was much nicer than anticipated - considering the price! As another reviewer said, the secluded location made me nervous at first, but there was high occupancy so there were people all around and we had no problems. Definite re-do if we are ever this way again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank C K
GeneralManager325, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We’re so glad you found us on your trip to the beach! We are definitely a mid-way point for anyone traveling to and from the Panhandle. We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future! It is always a pleasure hearing that the hotel team made yet another happy guest!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great location, right off the interstate and within walking distance of gas station, McDonalds and Waffle House. Very secluded which made me a little nervous with the exterior doors, but we had no problems. Pool was well lit when we arrived after dark and looked very inviting. Bathroom area had sink seperate from toilet and shower, and was very nicely done. Water pressure in shower was great and towels were a nice size. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast was typical with eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries and cereal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank notcarla

We’re so glad you found us on your trip! We are definitely a mid-way point for anyone traveling to and from the Panhandle. We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future! It is always a pleasure hearing that the hotel team made yet another happy guest!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The desk clerk was friendly and helpful as the A/C in our first room wasn't working. In a flash we were in a new room. It was semi-updated, nice linen, new sink, however the whirlpool tub looked dingy, it had a non slip stick on mat that was old and permanently attached. We had wanted to use this tub, we paid extra for the upgrade, but opted not to as we were tired and didn't want to try to explore the cleanliness. There were two curly hairs on the shower surround. A strangely placed commercial florescent light hung above the toilet. I'm sure all hotels have problems with a bug or two, but we saw 4 centipedes in the bathroom floor, and one roach on the wall by the bed. This creeped me out, if we weren't so tired and hadn't changed rooms once already we would have complained. Don't get me wrong, the room was nice enough for the value, and maybe centipedes are coming in from outside, but it was a bit much for me after seeing what other Quality Inns offer. The breakfast did have microwave eggs and sausage, I can't comment on this as I only ate a waffle.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank letsgo12345

We accommodate many guests, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Please accept my sincere apology.We accommodate many guests, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. I want you to know that any comments, suggestions, or complaints we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I have been since this, been in touch with our pest control company and this issue has been resolved. Also, housekeeping was notified immediately after I received this review and have taken action as well. I want to thank you for taking the time to post this review. And we look forward to serving you in the future when you choose to stay at Quality Inn, Athens, Alabama

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I would recomment this motel to anyone. I see some reviews from 2011 that gave them a bad review. I guesss they have changed a lot since then. I had a group of 16 to stay here.(8 rooms) with no complaints. Caleb checked us in and it was a very fast check in. He seemed very attentive to take care of his guests. This is an updated motel with what looked like new furniture and wide screen tv. The bath room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Dwight was there for the check in and check our process and both was very fast. Dwight had my folios ready for check out as soon as I walked to the desk. We are a church group and they let us use the breakfast area for our devotional in the evening. Also we had been on the road a long time and didn't want to leave for supper, although there are a lot of restaraunts close by. We ordered pizza and again were able to use their breakfast area. The full hot breakfast was also a plus. They do not have a fitness center, but I was told that we could use the wellness center in town and one of their guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager325, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us at Quality Inn, Athens, Alabama. I am glad you were checked in quickly and you had no problems with your room. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Athens, Alabama area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Updated, but inexpensively. Clean, but had a 2 ft x 2 ft stain on the carpet.
Quiet.
Seemed safe.
Nice basic breakfast, with hot and cold selections.
Good value.
Comfortable bed.
Small bathroom area, but was sufficient for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Nice, no frills place that seemed safe and clean for passing through to our destination
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed here twice since December of 2012 and although some of the reviews made me a little hesitant to stay here, this hotel is a good place to stay. We normally go to Clanton, AL, but decided to stop in Athens. I do not think you can go wrong staying here. The staff is courteous and helpful. The breakfast is good-- has as many or more offerings as some more expensive chains I have been in. We arrived after a 12 hour trip so were tired and wanted a good night's sleep, which we got. The beds were firm and provided a good sleep, but the pillows were small and somewhat lumpy as if they had small little balls of stuffing in them. Even with two pillows, it seemed inadequate. The noise level was OK--nothing to keep us awake when we wanted to go to sleep. The television was a flat screen with many cable channels. The windows have plantation shutters to keep out the light or provide light and some privacy. The curtains can also be pulled. The heat and air conditioning are controlled by a wall thermostat and did not create the noise of the typical cycle on/off--get too hot--get too cold models of other hotels. The cleaning staff must have rushed to get done as an open safety pin was on the floor and left in such a position that it could have cut someone very easily. Luckily we found it before anyone got caught by it. In addition the room looked clean enough, but dust and hairs were easily seen in corners of the bath that must have been missed. The room had a wardrobe closet which would be nice if you were spending more than a few days and wanted to hang coats or jackets or if you had clothes that needed to be hung up--much nicer than just the open rack. A microwave and fridge was included as well as a chair and ottoman. The room was a good size for three adults and a large service dog. Because we wanted to be on the first floor, we had a jacuzzi bath in our room. It was very big. I am not sure why, but all the rooms were filled on just one side of the building which I was afraid would make our stay more noisy, but it worked out just fine. It is a little more money than the Super 8, but it is well worth the money with the breakfast options.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is an older property that was showing its age in the accessible room I was assigned. Huge furniture filled the room so that I cound not get in on either side of the bed. The young man at the front desk came and removed a huge over-stuffed chair and an equally huge ottoman. The microwave and refrigerator were located IN THE BATHROOM right next to the toilet in front of and blocking a full length mirror. There was only one grab bar in the bathtub and it was way too high. There was no luiggage rack and the only closet was behind the bathroom door. The clock was not plugged in so I had to move a nightstand to find a plug. I was the first one to move that night stand in some time as it was dirty to the point of being disgusting behind there. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, breakfast above average, and rooms were quiet. The staff both at checkin and in the morning were helpful. Overall this room did not meet my needs for accessibility in comfort or safety.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo