“Stayed here because everything else was full, pick somewhere else if you can” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Athens Inn

BEST WESTERN Athens Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Athens
“Stayed here because everything else was full, pick somewhere else if you can”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stopped on the way to Florida with friends, just to spend the night, other local options were full due to an event. The front desk staff person was very friendly but we were put in a room with someone already in there and walked right in on him laying in bed ( a bit embarrassing). We were moved to another room of course. The rooms had been recently redone it appeared and were adequate for an overnight stay. The breakfast area was crowded and the food was not great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fieldtripmom
bwa1329, Assistant GM at BEST WESTERN Athens Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
We appreciate your business. I am very sorry for any inconveniences or any problems that you may have occured. We are always looking for a way to better serve our guests. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stylish, comfortable, nice amenity hotel w/ great hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank sissypwr
bwa1329, Assistant GM at BEST WESTERN Athens Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you so much for your business and your great review. We hope to see you again in the future!
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

Our second night on our trip from Toronto to Pensacola Beach, and our first night on the way back one week later. Nice property, close to good restaurants, pleasant staff and nice hot breakfast. Wired and wifi internet, so was able to watch local Toronto news. Pool was closed (too cold). No complaints.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your business and your great review. We look foward to doing business with you in the future!
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Late March 2011 - We stayed at this hotel on our way down to vacation and then again on our way back home (so 2 nights total). Perhaps this is my fault for not reading the fine print but I DID NOT realize this is more like a Motel with outside corridors (i.e. your room opens up to the outside) as opposed to a Hotel with interior corridors. And I DO NOT LIKE my hotel room to open up to the outside....so when we pulled up I was surprised and not happy. But since we had our reservations I decided to go with it.

Pros - The ladies at the front desk were fast and friendly. There was a problem with the price of our reservation in their system (they had a higher price than what my printed reservation said)...but they quickly and happiliy corrected it an all was well. Also, it is nice that this hotel has free onsite breakfast. Bread, Fruit, Cereal, Muffins, Eggs, Sausage, Juice, Milk and Coffee. Very nice! It is actually one of the main reasons we chose this hotel!!

Cons - Again I do not like hotels that have exerior corridors...so that is a Con for me. And on our 2nd night (on our way home) they put us in a room right next to the stairs to the 2nd floor. And within 10 mins of us getting there...I had to call the front desk about all the banging around. People tromping up and down the stairs was LOUD and then the folks above us were banging something metal cuz it sounded like it was in our room. At one point I even went out of my room and looked upstairs...saw some people and some kids running around and I gave dirty looks and told them to keep it down.

So this experience again Reminded me if nothing else to #1 Never stay in a "motel" type place...#2 Never get a room by the stairs or elevator...and #3 Try to get top floor so you dont hear incosiderate people walking like elephants.

Room Tip: Get room on 2nd Floor...Far away from the Stairs!!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CoopJen
We are very sorry that your stay here wasn't what you expected. We hope that you will try staying with us again in the future!
Northeast Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Easy access and great location when travelling 65. Pet friendly facility a plus. Clean, comfortable room for a good price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your business and your good review. We look foward to seeing you in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

I checked in, and the front desk person had the most beautiful smile and attitude, showing that she loved her job. I asked for directions and she told me about the nearby restaurants close by and how i would get a discount for showing my room key's, after getting into my room about 10 mins later the phone rang, and it was the front desk calling to make sure that everything in my room was to my satisfaction. WOW !! where do you get service like that , only at the BEST WESTERN in ATHENS ALABAMA !! Very impressed, the rooms were all updated and extra clean. Breakfast was Awesome they had eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy, etc, family loved it, will be back here next time we travel thru !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your business and your great review. We look foward to seeing you in the future!
Bremen, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

My stay at the best western was amazing me my wife and my kids enjoyed it, out of all the hotels we stayed at this hotel by far was the best one. The breakfast was huge so many choices to choose from. my kids had fun they went to the pool every single day, sometimes they went twice in one day. We are so glade we spent our week at the best western.i would recommend this hotel if you are traveling on Hwy 65 exit #351.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family