“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Review of LawLers Barbecue and Catfish - CLOSED

LawLers Barbecue and Catfish
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: Located just across from Athens State University and only two blocks from downtown Athens.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

That pork was so delicious it didn't need sauce...and the rib sauce was so good it didn't need meat! Wishing we had a Lawler's in my home town because it was that good. The service was fantastic - thanks to the young lady who will soon be headed off to college. I recommend the pork plate!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lawlers is the best place to get bbq, if you know which lawlers to go to. There is one in downtown athens that is my favorite and the original. They sell homemade pies that the other ones do not sell. There is another lawlers in athens on hwy 72. The food is great, but the owner is rude. I have also been to the Lawler's on Jeff road in Madison and it is good. I have been to one other Lawlers. It is located on Hughes road in madison. It is horrible. They do not follow the original receipt and I cannot believe they are still in business.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The pulled pork platter, with two side dishes, is enough for we two seniors to share. Very nice smoked meat flavor not smothered in a tomato based barbecue sauce. There are three sauces available, but none are really needed. The pepper vinegar sauce, lightly used however, is very good.
When we are headed home, and passing this location, we take a few one pound frozen packages home in an ice chest. It's worth the effort.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food is excellant and the service is very friendly and efficient. Management and staff treat there customers very well. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

May not be a great place to look at, but who cares?! The bbq ham is fantastic! The stuffed potatoes are my favorite and the bbq with two sides is the best bargain in town ($6.00)!