“Brand New”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Athens
“Brand New”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Brand new hotel with EZ on/off from I-65. Great open & large dining area. Good breakfast selection - on the day we were there, scrambled eggs and bacon. Several restaurants within walking distance. Room locks are electronic - tap your card on the lock and it opens - if you have been at Disney's top hotels recently, you know what I mean. Would I stay there again - a big yes.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Artie482
OmegaHotelGroup, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our Hot breakfast. We hope you will stay with us when you return to the Athens area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Snowbirds headed to the beautiful panhandle beaches need to know about this new hotel in Athens, Alabama. (...always want to type Georgia, but that's a different story) We stayed in March 2013, and this new hotel was the bomb. All new decor and furnishings, the staff was helpful, and the morning breakfast was nicely presented and fresh. A perfect 7-hour stop on the way to Destin.

Be aware: no alcohol sales in this area here on Sunday. The area is pretty well closed by 11:00pm, but when traveling to fla for a holiday you don't have time to play too hard.

This is a great stopover for the traveler that is too smart to drive from Chi-town/Mich in one day.

Seriously.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 45viking
So glad you found us on your trip to the beach! We are definitely a mid way point for the Snowbirds on their travels to and from the Panhandle. We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future! It is always a pleasure hearing that the hotel team made another happy guest!
St. Martin, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Athens Alabama is the middle point where I pick up and drop off my daughters from my Ex Wife. I stay at this exit 10 times a year. I am a IHG Platinum Priority Club member and stay at IHG brands consistently. On March 15th 2013 I arrived at the Holiday Inn express next to the fairfield to find out that I had inadvertently made my reservation at the holiday inn across town and the one in Athens was booked. I was able to cancel the room across town and I then went next door to the farifield. It was nice and literally brand new. I booked a room with 2 queen beds and was set. It was much nicer than the holiday inn express chain I stay at all the time so setup a Marriott rewards account that night figuring I would stay here from now on when I visit Athens. Today, March 23rd I booked a room at this fairfield online with my American Express and received my confirmation number via email. I left Biloxi Mississippi at 4:00pm and had terrible weather all the way to athens, some 6.5 hours away. I arrived in athens at 10:45 pm. I am 4 miles from the exit and someone from the fairfield called me and asked me if I would still need my reservation this evening. I infact said that I would need it and he then told me that they didnt have my room and that they had over booked and had to give my room away. He told me he took the liberty of booking me a room at the best western at no cost to me to make up for this. I arrived at the bet western. It is literally a 25 year old or older motel , all exterior room entry. I had to park at the applebees next door and carry both of my daughters suitcases as well as mine through the torrential rain to get the room. Once we got to the room I had to literally kick the door open because it was stuck. The nice lady at the front desk told me this ahead of time so it was no surprise. The way fairfield handled this has left me very disappointed with this chain. how can they give a payment secured room that I have a confirmation number for to someone else? The man called me back at 11:10pm and told me that he could offer me a free room the next time I come in town ( that will be in 20 days) . I told him to keep it . If I cant depend on them when I am paying customer I surely cant depend on them when its free. Stay away from this place. They dont care about their customers at all. My daughters and I are soaking wet and miserable this evening due to Fairfields incompetence.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jason C
Hieflorence, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I completely understand your frustration with the situation. As was explained when the AGM called you that evening we were unable to honor your reservation due to an overbooking due to a computer error. We value each of our guests and would like the opportunity to gain your business back. If you have a change of heart and would like to stay with us on your next trip into the area, please call the hotel and ask for Lisa or Tyler and we will make your complimentary reservation.

Lisa Miller
Director of Operations
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Being a new hotel everything was nice and clean. The rooms were larger than most Fairfield Inn's I've stayed in. It was a little more expensive than the hotels near it. If you're traveling through Northern Alabama it was a good place to stay.

Room Tip: It's right off the interstate so I always pick rooms on the side away from the interstate.