“I know it looks a little shady and it's kind of off the beaten path but seriously do yourself a favor and go find it.”
Review of Mr Crite's Bar-B-Q

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr Crite's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #50 of 100 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 17, 2015

This is just absolutely fantastic barbeque. We had plain pork barbeque sandwiches and when I tell you that the seasoning was fantastic...I mean really, I don't even know how to describe it. The meat had A LOT more flavor and seasoning that I'm used to getting on barbeque and it was DELICIOUS. They had sauce they made in house that was pretty darn good too. I particularly liked the white sauce. I will going back over there this summer ONLY to get this barbeque. That's how good it is. I've heard they aren't open in the winter months but I don't know personally if that's true.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I love this place. It is located in a cinder block building out in farm fields of NE Alabama. The ribs are to die for as is the pulled pork. Flick the pit master, chef, cook, server is a wonderful, humorous, engaging person. This is absolutely some of the best BBQ you will eat. The sides that Flick prepares are delicious. They only open Thursday - Sunday. I work in this area 3 or 4 times a year and never miss eating there at least once. Also we have friends living in Huntsville and travel out to Mr. Crites when we visit. If you want the best BBQ ever don't miss this place.

1  Thank ichall1952