“Good variety but servers need training” 3 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #32 of 93 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belmont, Ohio
“Good variety but servers need training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I enjoy eating at Applebee's when I travel because they have such a varied menu, and the Applebee's in Athens is no exception. However, their staff does need a little bit of training when it comes to customer service. They were all pleasant when you could get their attention. It's been my experience that poor training is a reflection of poor management.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Help Wanted sign should have been a clue.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

On a Sunday evening, we walked into this store. That is where our visit ended. Right there at the un-manned hostess stand. We waited approximately 5-7 minutes. No one came over to us, no one hollered at us from the bar. I saw at least 4 employees. I made eye contact with at least 2 of them. The restaurant wasn't closed. It was around 8p.m. but I checked the hours on the door, they were not even close to closing. You may think I didn't wait long enough. Maybe I'm not a patient person. Well, I am. But this is not the first time I've been ignored at this location. One time when I was in there with 5 other people, we waited 11-15 minutes to be seated. This was even though other people who came in after us were seated. I don't believe the size of my party was a factor because I saw plenty of empty tables. If ANYONE in that restaurant would have said "I'll be right with you" or ANYTHING I would have stayed. My youngest daughter had requested this restaurant for dinner. A group that parked and walked in after us, got seated right away. I watched someone washing down the specials board in the waiting area. This was while I was sitting in their parking lot trying to figure out where we could go. We ended up at McDonald's. BLECH! The sign out front at the road says HELP WANTED. This could be taken many ways. They sure do need some help with something. They could start with training all their staff to greet customers properly & quickly. I have other choices nearby. Next time I will go someplace else.

• Visited January 2014
Alabama
“Midweek dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great place to eat midweek with very little wait. Riblets were tender and flavorful as usual. Made my extra crispy fries perfectly as requested. Several healthier options on their menu.

• Visited December 2013
Florida
“A very small Applebee restaurant. The food was actually good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were late getting in and just wanted a fast dinner that was at least healthy. I give credit to Applebee/s they give you great fresh vegtables with your order and you can decide choices with your entree. We ate at the bar, the bar tender worked really hard to wait on people and take care of the bar patrons while other staff members just chatted among themselves. Never can figure that out in a chain restaurant. Okay for a stopover.

Visited September 2013
“Who answers the phone???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

So why doesn't anybody ever answer the phone there????!! I been trying to call for over a hour and nobody still has answered the phone!!! Why have one

• Visited September 2013