“Best southern meal in years!”
Review of LuVici's - CLOSED

LuVici's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://www.facebook.com/luvicis
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a southern dining place close to our Madison AL home and found LuVici's on a web search. We made our way to the town square in Athens, AL and found this small store-front restaurant. What a treasure! My shrimp and grits and my wife's marinated chicken were fabulous. So were my blue cheese salad dressing, the rolls, her tomato grits side and our shared Italian cream cake (with icing that was like a thin layer of vanilla fudge and big enough to share). Southern food at its best, as well as the standard steaks, ribs, pork, chicken, seafood and fish. They also serve sandwiches and breakfast. I can't wait to try those out! Our entres were $16 and $14, respectively. The decor was a well worn 1950s in wood and knick-nacks-- but clean and inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful. A totally delightful experience!

1  Thank JohnMcP

Reviewed February 17, 2013

AAA told us about this place. Open for dinner Thurs through Sat and other days bfast and lunch. Since our first visit, brough us 2 slices of tomato/cheese/grits. So yummy and my husband thought he didn't like grits.HA. I had tilapia w/cran, husband pork w/special grapes unknown to us. This place is in historic district and connected to mercantile operating since 1917 and a bluegrass jam session w/one very young talented lad on fiddle. We will return. Good overnight stop. From Fl. Hospitable folks!

2  Thank indianasassysue1
Reviewed January 3, 2013

You get a southern experience at this restaurant. The food is always fresh and good southern dishes. The chef is outstanding, staff is friendly. The place is always packed.

3  Thank jana c
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Luvici's serves wonderful food, and this visit was no exception. I had the Salmon Caesar Salad and it was excellent! The dressing was creamy and the salmon was smoked and succulent. I could have ordered another. I also enjoyed the Italian Wedding Soup, which was rich and flavorful. The restaurant is very noisy at lunchtime and thta makes it difficult to enjoy conversation. Waiting overly long for your food during this time is a problem too. Best to come as the rush is ending, about 1pm.

2  Thank Brenna B
Reviewed October 15, 2012

About the best ribs I've ever had. We ate there last year, also. Nothing bad to say about the place. It was clean, the help was great and it was crowded, which says a lot.