“Yummy Chicken & Steak Hibachi!”
Review of Samurai Steakhouse

Samurai Steakhouse
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

No they don't do Hibachi in front of table , but it is open and near by the dining room like most grills. The food is delicious the ginger salad is the best I've had. The flavor is great... Love this place and hope it stays open long time!

There are newer reviews for Samurai Steakhouse

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had avoided this place as my partner is not a steak eater. Thanks to a Trip Advisor contributor, I learned that this is more of a sushi place and less of a steakhouse. After our lunch today, I'm kicking myself we didn't try it sooner. I ordered a lunch special, the Hibachi NY Steak, she got the Benito Box shrimp tempura. Both came with a little house salad with an excellent and unusual dressing. My steak was not a big portion but plenty for me, lean, reasonably tender and was covered with a very light and complimentary sauce. Hers was a generous portion of the shrimp plus (3) portions of sushi. Both lunches also came with a generous bowl of very tasty seasoned rice. All this for only $15.15 tax in, not including tip or drinks. Very good and friendly service. We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Always got their food to go. I love Japanese food and was not disappointed. I recommend any of the Hibachi food.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the best thing going in Athens. But consider that everything else is either a chain or a BBQ.

They were very pleasant, good service, friendly. But the rice had been fried in a LOT of oil. We thought the hibachi would be done at the table, but it just appeared as a finished plate

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Samurai restaurant is not a Steakhouse as they advertise. They are a Japanese restaurant that serves A grade sushi & hibachi grilled entrees. Quality of food , method of cooking & service are all outstanding. Sushi is exceptionally good & the taste combinations Samurai present are inventive & as good to eat as the presentation on the plate. Sweet tea is a good drink with anything they serve. Try anything, you will not be disappointed. I will keep going back. I visit Athens 2 or 3 times a year & this is the Quality restaurant in town.

Wm. Ryan Kelly