“Clean, well-appointed, and comfortable room.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After a terrible 10 minutes in a room down the street at the Country Hearth Inn that was too filthy to stay in, I called the Sleep Inn and was greeted warmly by the desk clerk. She expressed knowledge of the dirty place's reputation, and said she had a room waiting for me.
I drove down the street and was pleased to find the Sleep Inn clean, fresh, and well-lit, with a front-desk clerk who was incredibly sweet and understanding. The price was reasonable, even with an extra charge for bringing my dog. Although the room itself was a bit smaller than others, it was more than enough room for me, and was really very well decorated in modern, fresh colors & fabrics. It was an absolute pleasure to behold, (especially after the one I'd just escaped!) I slept extremely well, watched TV on the the large flat screen, hung up my dress for the next day in the spacious closet, did a little work at the desk sitting in a really cool ergonomic chair that I now want to buy for my house, and took a nice hot shower in their spacious, clean bathroom to rinse off any remnant of the fleabag motel.
In the morning, there was a lovely breakfast consisting of hot breakfast with eggs, grits, etc. and a make-your-own waffle station, as well as assorted cereals, pastries/bagels, fresh fruit, several kinds of coffee & juice.
All in all this was an oasis, and honestly on the way back to New Orleans I almost stopped for another night because the first one was so pleasant and I still had hours and hours to go late at night.
It's now on my list as a happy mid-way point.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was traveling on business and decided to try this hotel. The hotel is close to many restaurants and the city. I stayed a total of 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are small, but nice and the noise is ok to deal with.

Room Tip: Lower floor is convenient
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do hope you are able to visit our property again very soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our trip to our northern home; We have stayed here previously and like the hotel. My wife has had a stroke and we need a room with a roil in shower. This hotel offers one when many hotels do not. The hotel staff has our highest compliments for their concern with our safety and comfort. As we were checking in, the nice young lady at the desk informed us that she might have to call us if the tornado nearby was going to come our way. It was only a short time later that we got the call to go out into the hallway. A short time later, our cell phones beeped at us to take cover. Fortunately, we had taken cover in the hotel. The sirens and the cell phone alerts continued through out the evening. The hotel staff brought out what they had to eat for those afraid to venture out (including us), A number of people gathered in the lobby, taking cover like everyone else. It was a serious situation for nice folks of Athens, AL and we know there was a lot of damage and loss of life that night. Our prayers are with the people of Athens and we thank the hotel staff for their concern for us. We will stay there again if our travel schedule makes it feasible

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased to hear that your stay with us was exceptional! We try very hard to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of. We do hope you are able to stay with us again in your future stays!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have no complaints about this hotel . Very fast and friendly service, very nice and clean rooms and quiet.!!! They were in the process of remodeling but didn't have any problems or noises. Will definitely be back when in the area.!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael R
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We always love getting positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you in your future stay with us.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Gross accommodations. Dirty and run down. Front desk worker was extremely nice and helpful. Easy check in. Will not stay here again and I won't suggest this place to anyone. Sleeping in our clothes and getting out as soon as we can in the morning.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were very pleased with the cleanliness and the appearance of this hotel for the cost. We would recommend this to anyone. It was in the process of getting new carpet etc. Would stay here again when traveling south.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I mostly use Choice Hotels when traveling but I was a little leary of booking at this hotel because of the reviews regarding the remodeling. We were in town for a funeral and the last thing we wanted was a lot of noise. So, I called and spoke with the hotel before booking and she assured me she would put us in one of the recently renovated rooms and away from any noise. She (Amber) also offered me a $55.00 per night + taxes funeral rate. All the staff which I spoke with (Amber and Andrea) during our stay were extremely helpful and friendly. In the end, everything exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JDB1976
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words on my staff! We all work very hard to make sure our guests are taken care of and I am glad to hear they went above and beyond to exceed your expectations. We do hope you can visit with us again in the future!