“Find another hotel..” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Florence, Kentucky
“Find another hotel..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We made reservation online,prepaid,when we arrived they could not find reservation. When they finally did,they were not aware that we had prepaid...OK, got that cleared up. Our room, as well as the rooms of all the other guests, was next to the boiler room. All night long this loud roar happened every few minutes. When morning finally arrived, we told the desk clerk,who responded with"never happened before, must be a malfunction". We will not be staying there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Northport, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have stayed at this Sleep Inn many times in the past three or four years but last night will be my last time. We stayed there last spring and they were replacing tile at the entrance and I thought they would be finished with renovations, carpet is very dirty. The breakfast was pretty bad, I think the biscuits were left from last week because they were like a brick. I was very disappointed because this hotel has gotten increasingly worse in the last year and I am sorry to write this bad review but there are other negatives but I would not stay there, go across the street.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly D, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
On behalf of myself and the Sleep Inn Staff, I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay. It is true that it has taken a while on this renovation, but it will soon be over and we would love for you to give us another chance to ensure your stay will be better. I have addressed the breakfast issue and assure you it will not happen again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I met up with my husband at this hotel and we stayed for three days. The front desk service was great and very accommodating. The rooms were clean. Yes they were a little out of date but were in the beginning stages of their renovations. I was very happy to hear that they would no longer be a smoking hotel. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back to see all of the new updates they're doing!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This experience at Sleep Inn in Athens, Alabama was a most humbling experience. I have never had such good service from a hostess at any hotel I've ever stayed at. The full continental breakfast was also extravagant. All in all I care of sleep inn Athens, Alabama A++.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chalmette, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice per year for 15+ years. The location is perfect for me, right off I-65, and convenient to gas, grocery, food. Rooms are generally clean and comfortable, but there are some rooms with questionable A/C and shower heads. It's probably best to insist on a ground floor room. Pool is small but ok. I've never tried the breakfast. The real problem with this hotel, which seems to get worse each and every year, is that hallways absolutely REEK of cigarette smoke. Non-smoking rooms are generally free of the smoke smell, but it's beyond terrible in the halls. Hallway carpets and walls are filthy. Other than that, it's ok.

• Stayed July 2013
Pell City, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is run down and needs lots of TLC. Rooms are nasty with nasty bedspreads and mold in bathroom. My husband is staying there because he is being transferred and this is where his employer has him staying in transition. The room is very small. Leaky toilet in the lobby. Ice machine broken in lobby. Internet only worked for about 2 minutes and then would shut down. Pool is very very tiny. Would never stay at this hotel and only do because we are made to. :( We had to change rooms twice because the air conditioner was not working. Alabama in August is HOT.

Room Tip: There are no rooms you could choose that would be a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Peoria, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped here last night on our way through Alabama. It is a reasonably priced hotel compared to other possibilities in the area. For our purposes (sleep and just passing through) it worked. Rooms are very small. We have 3 kids and needed a rollaway bed for a 2 queen bed room and the rollaway barely fit in the room. Rollaway beds are $10 extra and the staff at the front desk rolled her eyes when I requested one. We did have the breakfast the next morning and it had a decent variety. The baseboards are still pulled off in the hallways (must be a long term project from reading other reviews). No bathtubs, only a shower and the smallest bathroom area I have ever seen in a hotel, but it was clean. We had no issues with cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2013
Kimberly D, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I want to apologize for any inconveniences you were caused during your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to. I also apologize for the staff and how that incident was handled. I can assure you it will not happen again. I would really like for you to stop back in with us after our renovations are complete and hope you will have a better experience.