“Just okay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Bartlett, Illinois
“Just okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I were driving to the Gulf coast from Illinois to visit family. We have a retired racing greyhound that travels with us, so we must find pet-friendly hotels. We had stayed at this hotel last summer for our annual trip, and we found it to be a very pleasant stay. It must have been recently updated when we previously stayed. This year the rooms seemed to show some wear. The room was very dark. The wallpaper was starting to buckle in the corners. The room appeared clean but it did have a bit of a musty odor. In addition, the young lady at the desk said it would be a $20 charge for the dog. Luckily I had my reservation sheet from booking on the internet, and the paper stated that the pet fee was only $10. When we take our trip next year, we will probably look for a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CubsFan58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
south alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

good clean hotel small rooms and walls were thin could hear noise next door but will stay again .

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank elfie224
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

Very pleasant stay. Was on the way to Atlanta for business and decided to take a detour.
Staff was pleasant and friendly. Front Desk was very helpful. Will return to that area soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dothan, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. If you are a choice member this is definitely the best choice. Stay away from Key West Inn formerly Quality Inn they lost their choice status and changed the name. It is a dump, checked out immediately and went to Sleep Inn. Much better! The walls are kinda thin, just as most Sleep Inn's I have stayed in. Overall nice stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kristen1011
Pensacola, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

My stay at this hotel was brief - one night - yet my total price for the one night stay turned out to be $210.65 instead of $70.55. After pointing out the obvious mistake on their part, the owner/manager still claimed $141.55 of the $210.65 is a credit to my account. The hotel staff is horribly incompetent and the owner/manager either does not understand how to correctly use credit card machines, or is a dirty business owner.

Stay here and you take a big chance of being over charged for a room that was clean, but unimpressive just the same. Also, the walls are paper thin. I heard everything going on in the hallways and the lobby. The bed was uncomfortable, too.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ladieesnapps
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

Wanted a place to stay with our dogs. Spoke with the manager on the phone - very friendly and helpful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room fine - was looking for a modest, clean place to stay. This fit the bill just fine! (On check in the receptionist recommended several places to eat. The Lawlor barbecue next door - deadly!)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

I travel for business combined with pleasure, my wife & 4 year old always come with, we stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights across the SE so we have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & we are picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). My 4-year-old takes his shoes & socks off the minute we hit the room and believe me if the carpet is a little dirty we will know within minutes (I have checked out of hotels because his feet were black with dirt). Overall this place is very clean.
Regardless of your reason for visiting the Athens AL, Huntsville area, this hotel is a great choice. The hotel is close to restaurants, just off I65. The hotel is quite. The rooms are decent size, The pool is good (outside) The staff is very friendly & helpful, did I mention the place is very clean. Breakfast is above average with all the usual suspects plus 3 types of eggs, bacon & sausage, they acutely leave the non-perishable available so you can grab a coffee and snack in the evening Great stay!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business