“Most Reasonable Sunday lunch price in town”
Review of Burrito Express

Burrito Express
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed lunch at the new Burrito Express location in Athens, AL after church yesterday. Total food, drink and tip came to under $20. The place was very busy, but we were seated quickly and our order was taken and brought to the table in a very reasonable period of time. In the meantime, we could easily visit with nearby friends. My husband had the chimichanga, and I had the chicken burrito special. Both were delicious. I particularly enjoyed the veggies included in my burrito sauce. We saw many other choices being served and all looked very appetizing. The new place is clean and nice. I predict they will need to expand again before very long. Don't go if you're expecting gourmet food or an intimate romantic setting, but DO go if you want good food, good prices, and good service.

1  Thank Connie P

Reviewed May 5, 2012

It sounds like a "to go" place but it is a sit down restaurant. Typical mexican food, but very tasty. Our kids loved the cheese dip. Excellent service, and they actually cleared the dirty plates away! It was Cinco de Mayo, and they had $1.99 margaritas. :) We would go back with the kids again. It's a good family restaurant.

1  Thank Brenna B
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Name makes it sound like a taco bell, etc.
It is a sit down resteraunt. Food is very good and so is the service.

1  Thank travl-w-kids-2
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Don't let the crowd mislead you. It is just average Mexican food and the place is small. The wait staff was friendly and courteous. Would I go back? No, if there was much choice of Mexican food in the area.

1  Thank harleyrider2002
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Small place with great food, service and atmosphere.

1  Thank markst67

Been to Burrito Express? Share your experiences!