“Grant/Nadeau Family weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Verbena, AL, United States
“Grant/Nadeau Family weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our families try to get together 3 or 4 times per year and we try to always stay at the same hotel. The Hampton Inn off of I-65 in Athens, AL is our pick. The rooms are extra clean, supplied, and they offer all amenities you can think of. Their breakfast is amazing and plentiful. We look forward to staying here as often as we can.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
We are glad to read how much you and your family enjoy our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We look forward to your next family get together and hope it is soon. Thank you for such a nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Catlin IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Athens Hampton Inn while traveling to gulf shores. My in laws love to stay at the Hampton Inn and now I know why. The hotel is beautifully decorated , friendly front desk staff, comfortable beds, quiet rooms, great hot breakfast. I Highly recommend you stop in and get a goods nights sleep.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
in your review. We hope to be seeing you again on your next trip our way.
Greencastle, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Pleasantly surprised on how tasteful the décor was in our room. Kudos to the designer of the bathroom. No bumping elbows while both of getting ready the next morning. This hotel is on my list to stay while traveling through Alabama.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are glad you like our decor here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
and hope to be seeing you again soon. Thank you also for such a nice review.
Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were traveling to Orlando from Wisconsin and chose this hotel because we have had many good experiences with Hampton Inn and Suites. This hotel was right off the Interstate but the room was very quiet. The pool was outdoors, nice and warm water, a pergola with patio chairs and tables and relaxing hot tub. The breakfast was excellent and the seating more than adequate for the number of people. The staff was very friendly. I inquired about rooms suitable for 6 since we will be travelling through this area with other family members next year and the desk clerk gave me a business card with information about what I need to ask for when making reservations. We will certainly stay here again when travelling through Athens.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

We are happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
and are planning your next trip with your family. We look forward to your visit. Thank you also for such a nice review.
Aurora, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We visited this hotel before and were very pleased. The past experience was not that great. Our room did not get cleaned, restocked, or trash emptied after our first night. We were told a housekeeper quit, so that is why it wasn't cleaned. In my line of work when someone does not show up, someone replaces them to make sure that there is coverage and clients are happy. It didn't happen here!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Frank S
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve so that others do not share your experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Beds and coverings were clean, room was clean, enjoyed our short stay!! Located just off the highway, definitely would stay here again. Breakfast was excellent, front desk staff was very polite and helpful. Security lighting was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
grand rapids, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I have no complaints about the room. We stayed in the King suite and it was updated, clean, comfortable and quiet. Checking in, we were greeted by unfriendly staff that were clearly preoccupied with other things (eating pizza dinner in the back being one of them). Breakfast the next morning was disappointing and I felt badly for the workers who were clearly frazzled and understaffed. They ran out of pancake mix and fruit before 7:30am on a Saturday morning. Yikes. Like I said, the room was fine, but I've had better overall experiences at other Hampton Inns.

Stayed April 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us; it is through such candid feedback that we’re able to improve our product and services. I am the new General Manager and I wanted to let you know that my team and I have been working diligently to ensure our hotel offers guests a welcoming place to relax and enjoy their time. Whether traveling on business or pleasure. We are committed to offering a clean, comfortable hotel room with a complimentary breakfast each morning that is fresh and offers healthy, delicious options. We look forward to having a second chance to exceed your expectations.