“just passing through”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We can always be assured that the bedding is washed fresh when we arrive, and that the room is odor-free and clean. The service is superb. The Hampton is the only hotel we look for when travelling. And the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Your nice review and you business are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I can't recommend this hotel. I booked a King suite. The noise was so loud even with the fan on and my white noise app I moved in the middle of the night to another room. The next day had to move to another room due to the horrible perfume smell. I had to fight with the check out staff as they were charging me for a King suite even though I stayed in a regular Queen handicap room (I didn't need the handicap facilities.) There was also a problem with lady in charge of breakfast. She grumbled about how sloppy people were leaving the area. I should have requested a refund and booked another hotel in the area the 2nd night. The contemporary style of furniture in the suite was nice. The workout room was nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the design of the rooms as well as the work out facility. However, we apologize for any miss-communication regarding billing, and will be reaching out to resolve this with you directly.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Perfect Place to stay never once disappointed as I have been with other leading places such as the Holiday Inns, Days Inns....some are not so good. Never been disappointed with a Hampton. The personnel are perfectly fitted from the front deak to room service to the breakfast people al i 1st class.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 would like to thank you for all your kind words concerning the Hampton brand. Knowing you think the hotel and its people are all 1st class means a lot to us. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on our way south this past week. Our choice was based on location and the many positive reviews of the property. In general, our experience was fine. The room was clean and the mattress was good. Bathroom was large and well appointed with a large shower.

Since we were travelling, and arriving late, we really didn't do much at the hotel or in our room. We arrived, dropped our things, went to dinner. The odd thing about this hotel was that there was a desk and chair, and then a kitchen/dining type chair in the room. There was no place to sit and watch television or to read. We ended up camping out on the bed. There was certainly space for more furniture, but none was provided.

Breakfast the next morning was fine. Nothing of note -- but I don't expect anything special from these chains.

Noise from the freeway is not an issue. The hotel is well situated and the staff is very accommodating -- even stepping outside to point out the local eating spots for us.

If you are looking for a stop along the way, this is a decent choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments on our services and amenities as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Okay, “No complaints” doesn't do this justice. It's a very nice hotel, clean, big rooms, comfortable bed, a friendly welcome and a good breakfast. What more can you ask for?

On a macro level, the location is good if you're traveling as it's just off of I65 at the northern end of Alabama. The downside is the hotel is on the east side of the highway while most of the restaurants, (Ruby Tuesday and others,) are on the west side. That's a bit of a pain on the micro level as you have to drive when you go out to eat. Nitpicking aside though, it's a good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Your complimentary review of our hotel is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great location with several options for meals. Easy access on and off the highway. There were also several options for purchasing any needs you might require. Huntsville Space Center and Museum was about 20 miles away.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay here again soon. Thank you for your nice review.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was travelling with my 5 children (7-14) and everyone at this hotel was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone from families with small children to people traveling for business.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are happy you and your family had an excellent experience while staying with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.