“What a nice place!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Buckingham, ia
“What a nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The property was in excellent condition and very clean. It was very quiet and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was fantastic and the people were very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are delighted to know you had enjoyable stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank you for your nice review and for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel was very clean and the entrance was impressive. The decor was modern and tastefully done. We arrived late in the evening and I had to wait for the desk clerk. When she came she was very helpful and got us signed in efficiently and politely. The breakfast was the typiclal one furnished by the Hampton Inns. The breakfast area was pleasant and modern.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review and we hope to see you again soon.
Sumter, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The facility and staff is excellent. There is none that can equal this. With 23 years of Us Air Force service, and travel throughout the US, I have not experienced such great service and satisfaction.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 would first of all like to thank you and your family for all sacrifice and service you have given our nation. THANK YOU! We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel and hope to be able to host you again soon.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed one night and would stay again. Checked TripAdvisor for hotels in the Decatur/Athens area and this one received better ratings than any other hotel in the area. My room was large and had been well thought out. I was pleased with my visit. Thanks, TripAdvisor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I thank you very much for your review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and sincerely hope that you will find another opportunity to stay with us soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed one night here, but we are very much repeat customers. We actually plan our trips to Florida from Chicago to include a night here. It is always spotlessly clean, the rooms are large, & while the shower head was very high (something that always bugs me), it did a super job of reaching me without spreading out too much. We had a shower stall, not a tub, the former of which we prefer. It was at least double in size, so very roomy, as was the room.

There was a refrigerator & a microwave. The TV remote control was a Direct TV remote, so had all the buttons my remote has at home, including "Guide", "Info", "Exit", "List", etc. Something I REALLY loved was the "Charge Point" charging station next to the bed with 2 grounded outlets & 2 USB ports for phones, personal electronic devices, etc. OUTSTANDING!!! ALL hotels should have these!

Something I love about most Hampton Inns is the full shelf below the bathroom counter & sink. This allows you to store all your toiletries down there to keep the counter clear.

The breakfast was phenomenal---western omelets, seasoned potatoes, Belgian waffles, oatmeal, cold cereals, sweet rolls, pound cake, bread, English muffins, 4 kinds of juices, yogurt…so many options to fill you up. The dining room attendant was working her behind off & it showed, both in the hot food and in the cleanliness of the entire area.

The ONLY negative I can come up with was that there were 2 elevators, but only one was working---& it was V E R Y S L O W. If they have two elevators, they should have both in use. Other than that, this was a perfect place to stay…over & over & over!

Room Tip: Because of the slow elevators, try to get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the "Charge Point" charging station next to the bed with 2 grounded outlets & 2 USB ports for phones during your stay with us and are glad to read you plan your trips so you can stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
Lena, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Really liked this hotel as it was clean, modern and staff was friendly. The room looked new and was a large room. Internet access was easy and plenty of restaurant options nearby for travelers. Only downside was noise from Interstate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and for your business. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.
chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

very comfortable and friendly staff aaa discount made stay even more enjoyable room very large and clean also the breakfast was more than adequate to sustain us till dinner they want me to write more but that's all I want to say

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel and we are very happy that you chose our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We are happy to read you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again soon.