“Best Hotel on I65 between INDY and Mobile AL.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stopped on our trip from INDY to Orange Beach, AL. Athens was a good half way point. We were very tired and got excellent service from the staff with a quick check in. The rooms were clean and very nice. Clean and nice bathroom. Breakfast was great! Homemade oatmeal, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage gravy, fruit and more. We will definitely choose this hotel on our next trip to OB AL. Only problem was the hotel was a little hard to find. No visible sign from the I65 exit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you has a speedy and efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel will comfort you with friendly staff, excellent hot breakfast and an AMAZINGLY clean room. After a long week of travel this was the closest thing to being home. I recommend it to all people like me - -selective in their choice of hotel AND conscious of the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

It is a great compliment to us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 for you to say that after a long week we were the closest to home you could get on the road. Thank you for your great review and for your business. We look forward to another visit from you soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped on our way through to Florida. This hotel was chosen over Holiday Inn due to price and cleanliness. The room was huge and beautiful. The only downfall was the ladies in the morning were busy talking instead of assisting us as guests and the hot breakfast items were cold.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel . We will take your comments into consideration concerning breakfast and the front desk. We are happy to know you think we a clean and a good priced hotel. Thank you for your business and for your review.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I found the Hampton Inn in Athens, AL, as well as the one in Muscle Shoals, AL a few months back, to be very clean with VERY friendly, traditionally southern staff. I was not able to eat breakfast while at either hotel, because service ends at 10am, and I needed more rest each morning, following late night bluegrass and blues festival events. I think they should allow breakfast service to be later in the morning on the weekends, especially when there is a major event, such as a festival, in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We are glad you had a good time and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Excellent stay! Everyone here were very kind and helpful. The room was great, nice and quiet and clean. Very nice furniture and t.v. Price was good for the value of the room we received. The breakfast was very good, we were surprised at the quality of the food. Very good!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 we always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review and we look forward to your next visit..

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Most of the other hotels had outdoor pools that were closed up already for the season. This was in September and it was warm out. I selected this hotel specifically for the INDOOR Pool. I had never been to a Hampton Hotel before. But I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the pool during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and are happy you have been converted to the Hilton brand.
Thank you for your business and your great review.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for an overnight prior to heading to Alabama for a Mercedes Tour.
The hotel is really nice...very state of the art in all features. We loved the upscale look to the Lobby and individual rooms. We wish the hotel was on the other side of the highway however as a walk to nearby restaurants after a long day in the car would have been nice. I did put in a request for a top floor or first floor room...and it was not granted. We did get in late...after seven..and the hotel was filled but the reservation had been put in early in the week. All in all this was one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed at and I am pretty true to this chain.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back off the main drag but next to a super busy highway. I would ask for a room not...