“Great Hotel...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at 3 other hotels in the Athens, Al area and none compare to this one. As a matter of fact this Hampton Inn is one of the nicest hotels (in its class) that I have ever stayed in. This hotel had a friendly, concerned staff. The grounds, interior, and general appearance was very nice. Also, most importantly, the room was CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, QUIET, AND BIG. It had every amenity I needed. The breakfast lacked scrambled eggs or breakfast meat but other than that, it was great. This will be my 1st choice in the Athens area every time!!!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor across the hall from the ice machines and elevator. It was convenient...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for stating that our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 will be your first choice when staying in our area. Your business and review are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Outstanding hotel in every respect. Large room with great amenities, and great breakfast. As nice as any hotel I have stayed in. The hotel appeared new and it was very clean and easily accessible. Convenient parking and near several nice restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for stating you think we are an outstanding hotel. Your business is very important to us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and we thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a fabulous hotel to stay at. The hotel is convenient to the highway and quality of the stay was top notch. We wish we had more time available to enjoy the facilities at the hotel. We will be staying here again in the future!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is nice to read you will be staying with us again in the near future and you think our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is a fabulous and top notch hotel. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Excellent place to spend the evening while traveling through Alabama. The staff, rooms, breakfast were all excellent. Couple this with a great eating establishment next door (Cracker Barrel) what a place to spend the evening.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for stating you had an excellent stay at our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We hope you will be able to stay with us again soon. Your review and business is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

First, I have to admit we love Hampton Inn & Suites and have never had a bad stay at any of them! This one in the small city of Athens, AL did not disappoint. Easy to find right off I-65, it was right in the midst of Athens' handful of shopping and dining choices. The front desk staff were polite and helpful, our room and bathroom looked and smelled freshly cleaned and the beds were Hampton comfy. The complimentary hot breakfast is self-serve with plenty of healthy options - fresh fruit, yogurt and hot oatmeal, as well as eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, waffle station, cold cereals and pastries and coffee, milk & juice. What was different about this Hampton from others we've stayed in, during our 30 minutes or so in the breakfast area, tables and food area were spruced up and food selections replenished several times by two or three friendly, attentive hotel staff. All reasons we agree with Tripadvisor - this is the best hotel in Athens!

Room Tip: Not much of a view from any angle since this is a small town hotel right off the Interstate, but I m...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand and for your statement that we are the best hotel in Athens! We appreciate your nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived at the location and was greeted by a cheerful attendent. Check-in was smooth, no problems, no complications. Went to the room and it was amazing. Large room, clean, powerful AC, quiet, comfy bed, all was good. My wife, who usually does not get to travel with me on business trips, was suitably impressed. Quiet night, slept like a log. Breakfast in the lobby was standard Hampton fare, hot, fresh, plenty of it. I try to find something wrong on every trip, but I can't find anything that did not meet expectations on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We are glad to read you did not find anything wrong with our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and that your wife was suitably impressed. We hope you will be able to bring her back on your next visit. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am Christina's dad and a 100% disabled veteran. Chrissy, my other 2 twin daughters and my grandkid's had driven from Cincinnati, OH to Gulf Shores, AL straight through (approx. 13 hrs.) originally. I wanted them on there return to Cincinnati to stay somewhere overnight so I reserverved the the two rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites I-65 (Huntsville Area) so they wouldn't have to drive straight through. THEY LOVED IT --- especially the Staff, Swimming, Easy location off I-65, and the wonderful breakfast. They wanted me to escpecially acknowledge, Molly, Devon, Colleen & Pamela. I think they enjoyed your Hotel more than their Beach stay :-). I was happy to do it for them, and when they visit their cousin's family again in Gulf Shores , AL, my 3 daughters and my grandkids will definately stay at this Hotel Going Down and Returning instead of driving down straight through after their great experience. I couldn't go, but I certainly appreciate Molly in working out the reservations with me for my daughter's and grandkids. Kudo's to all including the Manager who I think they said her name was Phyllis. Kudo's to all at this facility. Robert Gingras.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

" THEY LOVED IT --- especially the Staff, Swimming," is great to read. We hope you will be able to stop here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 on your next trip. Thank you for your review and your business.