“Excellent Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staff very helpful, room clean and quiet. At check in was offered a snack bag with bottled water, fruit and snack items, very nice touch! Hotel located in close proximity to restaurants, shops and gas stations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the snack bag during your stay with us. Please return often!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms are very clean and the linens are immaculate. The hotel staff was very friendly. Easy on and off for I-65 travelers. Restaurants are near by. The free hot breakfast is one of the better in the hotel business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
It is nice to hear you think our free hot breakfast is one of the better in the hotel business.. Our goal is to provide a variety of alternatives to accommodate diverse health and food preferences and our choices now include sausage, scrambled eggs, muffins, pastries, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices and coffee. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2013

After a long day traveling south on I-65 we were elated to get off the road and into a comfortable hotel room. I had done some research and booked our room ahead of the trip knowing that spring break traffic would be heavy.

There weren't a lot of nice options for hotels but the reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites in Athens, AL seemed to make the slightly premium price worth-while. The price point wasn't very high, but the average price for hotel rooms seemed to be about $30-40 cheaper/night in the area. Granted, those places had pretty spotty reviews.

We weren't disappointed. The hotel was clean, the rooms were really spacious and well-appointed, and the bed was super comfortable. If I had to point out a negative it would be the quality of the complimentary breakfast. It was average at best but we weren't expecting anything too fancy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the beds here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and that you were not disappointed with us during your stay with us. Please return often! Thank you for such a nice review.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel was nice overall but the breakfast in the morning was very loud and substandard to other Hampton locations. Rooms were very nice but a little pricey for other hotels in area. Clean and seems to be a newer hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.
Lewisville, No
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was one of the nicest of the Hampton Inns I've stayed at. The room was clean and fresh, and staff were friendly. We came in late after a long drive, and the lady at the desk was great. She really made my 3 year old's day, when she let him "check in" and pick out his hospitality treat. :) Breakfast was good, internet worked great. I had no complaints with this stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Your comment "This was one of the nicest of the Hampton Inns I've stayed at," means a lot to us. We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you again for posting such a pleasant review.
LaGrange
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is right off the highway. Staff was very welcoming. The rooms were what you would expect at a Hampton and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was great and the entire facility was clean. We will not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is good to hear you would not hesitate to stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 again. We look forward to your next visit and hope you can stay with us a little longer. Thank you for posting such a nice review.
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hampton Inns are not upscale hotels but they offer clean, warm, comfortable lodging while traveling. The Athens Hampton is the nicest of the many I've stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a nice size, very comfortable, quiet and clean. The furniture was a bit nicer than that of other Hampton Inns I've stayed at recently.

After a long drive, its nice to have hot drinks readily available when you arrive, along with friendly staff to help you get your bearings as to what is available in the area (mainly restaurants and fast food). After a good nights sleep, the Athens Hampton had a nice variety of hot and cold foods available in the breakfast area. For my wife, who likes to sleep in, they offered "go bags" with fruit and muffins which she was happy to have as we went on our way.

We'll definitely stay here again on our way to the Alabama shore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
It was nice to see you liked our go bags here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, they do come in handy. We also look forward to your next trip through our area. Thank you for your nice review.