After a long day traveling south on I-65 we were elated to get off the road and into a comfortable hotel room. I had done some research and booked our room ahead of the trip knowing that spring break traffic would be heavy.
There weren't a lot of nice options for hotels but the reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites in Athens, AL seemed to make the slightly premium price worth-while. The price point wasn't very high, but the average price for hotel rooms seemed to be about $30-40 cheaper/night in the area. Granted, those places had pretty spotty reviews.
We weren't disappointed. The hotel was clean, the rooms were really spacious and well-appointed, and the bed was super comfortable. If I had to point out a negative it would be the quality of the complimentary breakfast. It was average at best but we weren't expecting anything too fancy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only three miles from Athens State University, our hotel in Huntsville, AL offers a heated indoor pool as well as complimentary breakfast and Wifi. Convenient to both Birmingham and Huntsville, Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 will meet all your traveling needs. Book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Athens i-65
- Hampton Inn & Suites Athens i-65 Hotel Athens