“less than adequate, don't stay in room 426 due to noisy equipment on the roof.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel is less than adequate, don't stay in room 426 due to noisy equipment on the roof. Staff is friendly, breakfast is on par with Best Western and Holiday inn. Plenty of Hot Chocolate, spiced apple cider and tea packs.

Room Tip: stay out of 426
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We sincerely regret the disturbance from the roof. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms upon request. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at the Hampton a couple of times a year. It is always an above average stay. Rooms are always clean, staff is exceptional and the breakfast is great. This is a hotel that knows what to do. It is a great value and in a really convenient location off I-65. There are a number of decent restaurants nearby. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for saying our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is “Always a winner”. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

On par to above average compared to the typical Hampton Inn. What prompted me to review this property was the above average & very spacious fitness room. There are several dining options nearby so it made an excellent stop over.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Saying our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is in the "excellent" range in your review is greatly appreciated. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Everything about our stay was exemplary!! They have gone above and beyond to provide the traveler with everything you need. Would go out of my way to stay there again. The decor of the rooms was very pleasing and the bedding seemed especially crisp and clean. I could not have asked for a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We have been working meticulously to ensure guest rooms are clean and comfortable, offering a relaxing place for our guests to enjoy their time at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We've done two long cross country drives in recent months, so stayed at many of the 'near highway' hotels. This was by far the best! Our room was HUGE, beautiful and spotless! Two king-sized beds, desk, wet bar, couch, coffee table...and all brand new, beautifully furnished. Though convenient to the highway, we didn't hear any highway noise. Breakfast was typical buffet fare, but perfectly fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan L
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your comment that our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is " by far the best!" on your cross country trips. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We travel often with my husbands work, so I have become somewhat of a hotel critic. This hotel was clean, the staff was exceptional, and the rooms were well insulated so that we weren't bothered by outside noise. Pamela kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked, a pleasure to go into in the morning. There is a laundry room that has a front loader and dryer for only $1.50 each. Only one time dried our clothes even though it was a large load of jeans. Great stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We don't travel a lot, but prefer Hampton Inns if they're available where we're going. We've found that they're typically clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. This is definitely the nicest of the nice -- the best Hampton that we've ever been in. A very friendly desk staff recommended a great barbecue spot for dinner. A spotless and fresh room contained very comfortable beds. A delicious breakfast followed a great night of sleep. I hope we'll get a chance to be back through Athens just so we can stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank you for such a great review.