“Very Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed in this hotel in Athens, Alabama while attending a baseball tournament in Pulaski, TN. This hotel is typical of the newer Hampton Inns, with an excellent breakfast, nice rooms and very comfortable bedding. Their pillows are the best!
Staff was very helpful and graciously accommodated my ever-changing request to add nights and then having to cancel them when my team lost early in the tournament.
Only glitch I saw was that the hotel bills nornally inserted under your door the morning prior to checkout were simply placed in the hallway in front of the door, in plain sight to anyone wanting to look.This is a bad violation of identity theft guidelines.
Rooms were a little pricey at $120.00, especially since Athens, AL is not exactly a hotbed of tourism.

Room Tip: There aren't really any
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

 We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, it is through your feedback that we’re able to improve our product and services. We are looking into the bill being left outside your door. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

New and well maintained hotel. I needed to extend my stay by one night, and this was handled very well by the front desk. I plan to continue to stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

 Our associates here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear the front desk exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

We used to like a Hampton Inn but they had been getting run down so we hadn't used them anymore. On the way home from Florida we tried this one because it looked new and clean. It was clean and newer but not very well built. You could hear everyone else in the place. Doors slamming. The walls must be very thin. The people above us sounded like elephants. A little kid jumped and ran accross the floor most of the night. We called the front desk and finally my husband went down and talked to the front desk. They called the room and told them to settle down but it was worse. No sleep that night! Internet was spooty at best. The breakfast was not good at all. The cranberry and orange juice were so watered down we dumped it. Coffee very weak. At only 8 o'clock everything was gone so we had limited choices. All that was left were a few dried out muffins and donuts. Terrible! I guess we will use other hotels from now on.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank iluuvhawaii
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is essential to our future success! Unwelcome problems can always arise, but our goal is to have them addressed promptly by staff members so our guests are not inconvenienced. Noise is certainly a frustrating issue and we regret that it was not resolved for you in a timely manner.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed one night here on our way to Florida. It was a great hotel! Modern/stylish decor, extremely clean, great staff, and very good breakfast. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling on I-65.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the breadfeast bar and the decor of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 during your stay with us. Please return often!

Reviewed June 10, 2011

we had just come off of a bad experience at another hotel, so this Hampton Inn was a breath of fresh air.
It's a VERY nice place. Very clean. Every member of the staff was super nice. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Stayed at this Hampton Inn using HiltonHonors points while traveling through Alabama. Close to the highway (noise was not an issue for us), convenient, pleasant staff and clean rooms. Bathroom seemed especially clean. Did not use the indoor pool but it looked nice. Overall, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Please return often!

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I was very impressed with this hotel. The staff is friendly. The rooms are very comfortable. Nicely renovated. Good breakfast bar.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.