“Fresh Ala Carte Mexican”
Review of Cali's Fresh Mexican - CLOSED

Cali's Fresh Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stumbled across this small location while in Anniston for work. Small location, looks like it used to be a burger joint/carryout. I was told it was brand new when I was there,
The first time I ate there, the food was fresh, but they were sold-out of queso. The next 4 times I ate there, that was remedied.
I tried several things while I was there, both lunch and dinner.
The 4 inch corn soft tacos were very flavorful and seemed to always have fresh ingredients and were reasonably priced.
They also make a bigger version of the street tacos, with a 5" flour tortilla. They too, are very tasty. For an extra few dollars, you can add a drink and rice and beans (black or refried).
They did not have their liquor license yet, but I was told they were going to have beer, margaritas and mixed drinks soon.
I usually had a full dinner for under $12, and did not leave hungry.
The soup was a disappointment. Great flavor, but overpriced for a cup of soup.
The 3 sauces Roja, Verde and Quemada all tasted freshly made and did get progressively spicier.
You order your food up front, and sit down, they bring it to your table. They did not have wifi when I was there, but had a few TV's on with news or sports.
There is also a drive thru service. But, most people I saw came in to order or ate there.
I will return to Cali's next time I am in that town.

1  Thank r d