“A Classic Mother's Day at the Classic on Noble”
Review of Classic on Noble

Classic on Noble
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Classic Mother's Day at the Classic on Noble”
Reviewed May 6, 2005

This week prior to Mother's Day, 2005, I was thinking about the ways I have celebrated Mother's Day for 35 years and my thoughts went back to May. 2004 when my family and I, ranging in age from 11 months to 85 years old, visited The Classic on Noble restaurant in Anniston, Alabama. Our son and gradnchildren had treated our daugher-in-law to a Mother's Day visit there in May of 2003. After listening to her rave reviews of the kid-friendly atmosphere, the variety of food offered, and the outstanding service, I decided that we would surprise her by celebrating her May birthday and our Mother's Day all in our next visit to their home in Jacksonville which is near Anniston. We often combine our special events into one celebration since we live in Baytown, Texas and only visit our son and his family every five weeks. I was a little nervous about making reservations and pulling this off from such a distance, but after one phone call to the restaurant - this was done. It was like they did this everyday for people out of state. We arrived after church to find that they immediately recognized who we were and why we were there. They graciously helped us with the seating of our 5 year old, 4 year old and 11 month old grandchildren. The hardwood floors, high ceilings, starched white table linens, fresh flowers, fine dinnerware, young adult waiters and waitresses dressed in their black and white, and music from the piano being played certainly added the "classic" to this place. The buffet tables were filled with all the food choices you would want for brunch or lunch. Your omelet or waffle of choice was prepared while you watched. Our grandsons visited this table more than once, sometimes just to watch. One vegetable table was never without fried green tomatoes which my dad visited frequently. I was told upon arrival that our daughter-in-law would have happy birthday sung to her and a birthday cake to take home, so I avoided my temptation to start my meal with the coconut pie, banana pudding, and german chocolate cake from the dessert tables. The Classic on Noble is truly a charming place to dine whether there is a celebration or not. This Mother's Day, 2005, we will be in Baytown just remembering our classic Mother's Day of 2004, but it gives me great joy to know that our son will make sure that our daughter-in-law will be at The Classic on Noble!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Classic on Noble? Share your experiences!