“Going Away Party”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We've been to Classic on Noble a few times during our short stay in Alabama. It was the restaurant of choice for special occassions, so when it was time to move again, Classic on Noble was the perfect choice. We had over 24 people at the going away party. The waitresses did an outstanding job keeping everyone's glasses filled. They had a great spread of appetizers. The menu to choose from was terrifc and everyone left very satisfied. Thank you, Classic on Noble, for making this a very special going away!

1  Thank koipondgirl

Reviewed October 5, 2008

Right smack dab in the middle of a downtown area that has seen its better days is a jewel of a restaurant that exudes both Southern hospitality and an unexpected air of sophistication.

In short: we love the Classic, and every time we visit my Mother, who still lives in the area, we make a point to go there. The eye-popping Sunday buffet is simply unlike anything else in town, with snack tables (sliders, shrimp, rolls, dips), salad tables (featuring an array of tasty green and pasta salads), several hot entrees, a carving station, and home made desserts that you must save room for.

Weekday lunches are less engaging and much more subdued, and portions are, frankly, a bit stingy -- except for the club sandwiches, which are generous beyond reason. Still, the Classic makes for a quick, memorable meal in an exciting, renovated urban space -- a rare treat in Anniston, AL!

2  Thank MadeByMark
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed July 13, 2006

My cousin and I decided to try Classic on Noble after hearing about it from friends who had eaten there. We ordered Shrimp and Grits and Warmed Fried Green Tomato Salad. Both were delicious! We were there mid-afternoon so shared the restaurant with only one other party. Our young waiter was very mannerable and helpful........if we asked a question he didn't have an answer to he would go find someone who knew. I'm anxious to go there again when I visit from California!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2005

This week prior to Mother's Day, 2005, I was thinking about the ways I have celebrated Mother's Day for 35 years and my thoughts went back to May. 2004 when my family and I, ranging in age from 11 months to 85 years old, visited The Classic on Noble restaurant in Anniston, Alabama. Our son and gradnchildren had treated our daugher-in-law to a Mother's Day visit there in May of 2003. After listening to her rave reviews of the kid-friendly atmosphere, the variety of food offered, and the outstanding service, I decided that we would surprise her by celebrating her May birthday and our Mother's Day all in our next visit to their home in Jacksonville which is near Anniston. We often combine our special events into one celebration since we live in Baytown, Texas and only visit our son and his family every five weeks. I was a little nervous about making reservations and pulling this off from such a distance, but after one phone call to the restaurant - this was done. It was like they did this everyday for people out of state. We arrived after church to find that they immediately recognized who we were and why we were there. They graciously helped us with the seating of our 5 year old, 4 year old and 11 month old grandchildren. The hardwood floors, high ceilings, starched white table linens, fresh flowers, fine dinnerware, young adult waiters and waitresses dressed in their black and white, and music from the piano being played certainly added the "classic" to this place. The buffet tables were filled with all the food choices you would want for brunch or lunch. Your omelet or waffle of choice was prepared while you watched. Our grandsons visited this table more than once, sometimes just to watch. One vegetable table was never without fried green tomatoes which my dad visited frequently. I was told upon arrival that our daughter-in-law would have happy birthday sung to her and a birthday cake to take home, so I avoided my temptation to start my meal with the coconut pie, banana pudding, and german chocolate cake from the dessert tables. The Classic on Noble is truly a charming place to dine whether there is a celebration or not. This Mother's Day, 2005, we will be in Baytown just remembering our classic Mother's Day of 2004, but it gives me great joy to know that our son will make sure that our daughter-in-law will be at The Classic on Noble!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member