“Anniston Jewel”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2011

A few dollars overpriced, but overall outstanding. I eat here quite often and have had almost everything on the menu. The only thing I don't like is the changing from chicken Alfredo to chicken marinara. Best appetizer: Texas caviar and pita chips. Best entree: shrimp & grits. Best dessert: bread pudding. The service is usually fantastic. The decor can be classy and elegant downstairs, while the Green Olive upstairs is casual and elegant. They also catered a Christmas party I attended and I love it! Sunday brunch is great as well.

1  Thank BamaReviewer
There are newer reviews for Classic on Noble

Reviewed December 24, 2011

My wife and I stopped in at Classic on Noble for the Sunday brunch after attending church in Anniston on our way to Savannah. We had eaten there a few years ago when a friend who lives in Anniston took us there for our anniversary dinner. I had eaten their shrimp and grits on that occasion and was lookinig forward to having that again on this visit.

Classic is located in a renovated building with high pressed tin ceilings. We dined in an upstairs dining room on our other visit. The decor is really nice. They have a fabulous spread of items on their Sunday brunch. They have an excellent variety of food from the salad table at the front of the dining room to the breakfast station where you can get made to order omelets and French toast to the carving station for the roast beef, pork tenderloin and glazed ham. They have a good selection of vegetables and at one table they have their shrimp and grits. Then at the back they have a big spread of desserts with at least twenty or more to choose from.

I concentrated on the shrimp and grits, poached salmon, fried green tomatoes, roast beef, pork tenderloin, fresh collard greens, mashed potatoes and crawfish etouffee. There is such a good assortment of items that you can only sample a little bit of each and have your plate full. I tried a bite of the chocolate cake and a fresh strawberry dessert and called it quits. Service was very attentive. The cost was $21.95 including your drink.

It was well worth it for one of the most fantastic brunch spreads I have ever experienced in a relaxing atmosphere with someone playing the baby grand piano in the background.

1  Thank Razorfish
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I enjoy eating lunch at Classic on Noble, especially during Christmas. In the past, I would have rated it excellent, but this time I was disappointed in the chicken salad. The chicken was tough and in very large pieces. I know it's winter, but other times I have eaten it in winter, the fruit and vegetables garnishing it were much better quality.
I would also like to see them offer a few more choices on their lunch menu. Even a "daily special" each day of the week (at a reasonable price--- not "special" because it is more expensive) would be a welcome change from what's offered now.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Classic on Noble has the best Sunday Brunch I have found anywhere. The food is delicious, plentiful and the variety is amazing. It is definitely work the drive to Anniston! the cost....$21.95 is a deal considering what you get to sample. The service is always excellent and attentive.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

My parents took me here for lunch while in the area. Nice setting with fabulous cuisine. Lots of different items that you won't find at your typical restaurant. Excellent service with attention to detail.

Been to Classic on Noble? Share your experiences!