“Food and service were good, but the manager?”
Review of Top O The River

Top O The River
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Atlanta, GA
“Food and service were good, but the manager?”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

When I visited Top O The River I had always heard great things. The food and service lived up to the standards as to which I was told. However, I've had gastric by-pass and requested a child's dinner and the server said the management would not let her give me the meal I wanted. As I spoke to the manager, which was a average sized blond woman, she looked at me as if I were a liar. The woman seemed very inconsiderate and the rest of the time I ate my meal I watched her stand at the front with a sour look on her the WHOLE time!! She never lifted a finger! The restaurant was good, but I would not recommend it to anyone else. I feel sorry for the wonderful workers who must have to put up with that on a daily basis!

• Visited October 2010
2 Thank LadyLove111

Atlanta Georgia
“I'm not sure where all these folks have...”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I'm not sure where all these folks have been eating seafood, but this place was not good. I had the seafood platter, which they claimed on the menu was the "biggest in the world." Maybe the platter itself. Catfish overcooked and dry, fried shrimp was frozen breaded variety, "krab blend" was imitation crabmeat, and baked potato was old and cold. Free stuff was ok - coleslaw was good, cornbread was ok, didn't touch the pickled onions. Overall not good and we won't be returning.

3 Thank Gjakins
Munford, Alabama
“Best Seafood In the Area”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Great food. Grilled catfish and shrimp. Cole Slaw and cornbread are free appetizers, which are wonderful. Greens are good too.

cave spring
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Choice”
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Have been eating here for about 7 years. Food is always consistent and service is good. Quite frankly I believe the Catfish is overated. About average for any seafood place. Every order comes with cole slaw, pickled onions and jalapeno cornbread. Several time I have had these as my meal.

1 Thank stevenvCaveSpring
Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great catfish”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Visited the top o the river restaurent in Sept, 2009. We were served cornbread,onions, and coleslaw as an apertizer. Then came the catfish!! Almost more than you can eat!
The waitress brought more cornbread and more coleslaw. We were very satisfied with our dinner and it was in our opinion very good. I would recommend this restaurant to our friends.They have almost only domestic beer.