“The best part of the meal is the free appetizers”
Review of Top O The River

Top O The River
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Vernon, Ohio, United States
“The best part of the meal is the free appetizers”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I tries this because it was highly recommended by the locals that I am working with. I had high expectations but I was disappointed with me meal. I got the broiled crawfish and catfish combo with onion rings. All meals come with cornbread, coleslaw and pickled onions which were excellent. My crayfish and catfish were not very good. The catfish had very little flavor and the crawfish tasted salty. Both were over cooked. I think I would have given a better rating if I stopped at the free stuff..

• Visited February 2014

Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Dinner with Family on Black Friday”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

After a tough day of Black Friday shopping the entire family treated ourselves to some catfish at Top O the River in Anniston!! It was well worth waiting for!! Get there early as it does fill up fast...even though it is a HUGE place!! Service is great and all staff have a smile and friendly comment or two!! The food is awesome and plentiful! Fried dill pickles are very good, but I love their cole slaw!! Their fries are good, but their onion rings are really good! And the catfish, well that's why we go there!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tony J
Arizona
“Not bad...”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

For an appetizer, we had a huge plate of giant onion rings and fried pickles...best to order if you are out with the family...too much even for two people. The main course of Creole seasoned shrimp and fried shrimp was just ok. Surprised they didn't have malt vinegar for the fries and hushpuppies. All-in-all, a decent family restaurant.

“Great Whole Fried Catfish!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The fish was excellent! We were very pleased with the portions and the cornbread and coleslaw were great. We went on a Sunday night and the waitress was very nice and quick to respond when we needed anything. We have visited 2 other times when we were in this area and have been pleased each time.

• Visited October 2013
Roseville, California
“A fun place for the local seafood specialties!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

You start out with great cornbread and cole slaw. The Cajun Shrimp is excellent. My dining companions also enjoyed the catfish. Lots of cool Alabama photos throughout the restaurant, and the wait staff is really friendly!

• Visited September 2013