“Good Southern Food”

Peerless Saloon and Grille
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food, service, and atmosphere. Love the shrimp and grits, the fried green tomato BLT, and the onion straws. The only dish I had there so far that I wasn't that crazy about was the fish taco. I didn't think that it had enough fish in it. As will most restaurants, you just need to figure out which dishes are the best.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

It's small, old and a great place to eat! They have a little bit of everything, but it's all good eats at very reasonable prices. Good Southern cooking, from breakfast (served anytime) to late night snacks. Always check the chalk board at the end of the bar for the current specials in addition to all the regular menu items. If you ever see Hog Wings listed, go for it! I passed them up several times before I tried them, and now I want them every time I go there but they don't always have them. The fried green tomato sandwich is also a real treat. A full bar, friendly staff, great food and a super neat building add up to one of the best places in the area to eat and meet.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

You would never happen onto this little gem of a lunch spot. It is on a cross street between the two major North/South streets in the downtown area. Great lunch variety in a historic building. Some of the best sweet potato fries ever.

1  Thank Roamingbears
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We frequently eat at the Peerless and have never been disappointed. The historic building and friendly staff makes it a great casual atmosphere. The food is great and reasonably priced.

2  Thank Cmr0503
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were looking for a different place and noticed this on on a side street. So glad we found it.
Their menu, while not overwhelming, is quite varied. Our party of seven each got something different and no one was disappointed. My wife got the Southern Shrimp & Grits and loved it.
If you're into breakfast try the Saloon Slammer - awesome!
Paul, our server, gave us a tour of the old building while our food was being prepared. All-in-all it was a great time.

3  Thank Scot B