“Never going back” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: Pizza, Greek
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-14820669R-matas_greek_pizza_of_anniston-i
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Never going back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I've had and Italian sandwich and pizza from here a couple times when the office bought lunch and the only reason I've had food from here twice is because it was free to me. Both the sandwich and pizza were way over cooked, the bread was dry and the cheese was hard (harder than you'd expect from travel time to the office). I can't figure out why people like this place...

Valley Head, Alabama
“Best pizza around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Food is great we drive 70 miles to eat pizza here. Extra special is our favorite and large Greek salad with house dressing. We have tried other items on the menu and they were good also. We have not tried anything that wasn't good.

• Visited September 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
“This don't even come close to real food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was kind of excited to find a "greek restaurant" in Anniston, but as soon as we had ordered our food and sat at the table until it was done, I was disappointed. It did not even come close to the real thing. The gyro I ordered was made with some processed meat that was unidentifiable, and the salad was nothing to be proud of. I don't think any of the employees had any 'greek' background, unlike the news paper article that was hanging on the wall with the original owner pictured. The only way you would like this type of greek food is if you have never had authentic greek food before!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Outstanding Pizza. Worth the trip. Busy during lunch hour and worth the wait. Single serving pizza was awesome and drink refills. Salads are good too. Ordering goes pretty fast and slight wait for meal to be ready. Not sure I'd say it is the best pizza I ever had (but is one of the best) since I am a former New Yorker and have a comparison gauge for what I prefer in pizza.

• Visited June 2013
“Mata's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place has great pizza and subs, my only problem is it is very slow, if you are getting a pizza to go, call ahead. Even the subs take time, but they are very good. Will eat there again.

• Visited March 2013