“Always good and interesting”
Review of Damn Yankees - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have visited "Damn Yankees" a few times. Both times, they have served extremely healthily poured drinks.
The staff is more than friendly, and they are one of the few establishments in Anniston/Oxford I have visited where the staff isn't a pack of unknowing and clueless buffoons. They are also adequately staffed, which is something I can say another restaurant in the same price range of Garfrerick's is not.

I had a trio of swordfish one evening with different sauces, which was to die for; prices are not cheap, however, worth the price in my opinion.

Last visit, I had the duck. The duck was excellent- if anything, the orange sauce may have been a tiny bit not strong enough- it seemed there were mandarin orange segments from a can in the sauce- not bad at all, but for the price, perhaps an orange liquer based sauce would've been nice, though I am definitely not complaining!!! It was excellent either way.

The server was training another server, and they were both more than helpful, and friendly. The chef is always friendly, entertaining and definitely full of cheer and chat. I will be a patron of this restaurant on my visits to this city whenever possible!!!!

Let me reiterate, they pour a fine drink.

There are newer reviews for Damn Yankees

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fantastic food, great ambiance, great service. The owner is a trip, a really fun evening. A good selection of wine, in an state with antiquated laws.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went here about a year ago, and once about a year before that. It has the appearance of a "sports bar", but you'll be surprised by their menu selection. They have big screen TVs and beer on tap, then the waitress introduces you to their extensive wine collection and you can order fried calamari as an appetizer! Very neat place to me because of the dual functions.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Food is good but very expensive... It is local hot spot and I used to frequently visit. Just got tired of the way too overpriced menu and the owner frequently cussing loudly at his staff. I find this disrespectful and inappropriate. If you tell him this, he will tell you what he thinks about you as well.

4  Thank Kasey H
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been frequenting this establishment at least monthly for over 5 years. I have never had a bad meal. Some selections may be a little pricey; but this isn't "The Sizzler." You definitely get what you pay for here. Daily specials are always unique and delicious.