“Fabulous Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Damn Yankees - CLOSED

Damn Yankees
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Anniston,AL
“Fabulous Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The owner is an amazing chef, and his mom makes the most wonderful desserts. It is a very casual atmosphere, and the service is always fabulous. The only reason I knocked off 1 star is because the owner can be tempermental, but if you don't know him, you will be fine

Visited May 2012

Anniston, Alabama
“Damn Yankee's = great food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a local eatery for us in this area and as far as we are concerned one of the best ! The owner Dave is a great Chef even though he doesn't call himself that.I have never had food with such consistent quality as I do here when we go! The sauces he creates are outstanding to say the least and I can hardly wait to get back there to try something else. He has some specialties that are out of this world one of which is his Deep fried Filet with a gravy sauce, Absolute killer item ! I love to order his "Blue Chips" homemade potato chips with a creamy blue cheese/alfredo sauce over top WOW ! Then for the main I absolutely love the Shrimp/Scallop Scampi (Blackened my option,recommend),this is a large serving but extremely great flavors ! The owner also started offering items on the cost effective side since the downturn of economy but yet maintained not only the quality but also gives you large servings of the items,great job again ! All you have to do is ask for something anyway you want it and they will strive to make it happen, Thanks Dave for keeping us happy every time !

• Visited April 2012
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Ton's of Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great food and lots of it. My 17yo son could not finish his meal, that is unusual! My daughter's grilled cheese was good and my turkey club was fantastic. The owners mother Shirley sat down with us and had a great conversation, a real family place. Great Food and Lots of it!

Visited April 2012
Anniston, Alabama
“Very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

The food is always good, the service is sketchy, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Small restaurant and you have to get there early if you want a seat (lunch). The owner can be pretty obnoxious, but if you can get past him, you're good.

• Visited October 2011
Lowell, Indiana
“Wow..Fantastic food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

When we were visiting friends in Anniston, Alabama we went to Damn Yankees for lunch.. I had ordered the Escargot..All I can say is DAMN!!!! Best we ever had. All the food was fantastic.. The restaurant is clean and friendly with a very nice menu... You have to try it!!!

• Visited February 2012