“They can't all be good!”
Review of Damn Yankees - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After hearing many claims that this was a wonderful place to eat; my friend and I decided to give it a try. Large comes to mind in everything from the size of the establish to the menu. Our server was present but neither knowledgeable of the menu and later, largely "missing in action." I order rack of lamb (medium) with pasta in a marinara sauce & mixed vegetables; my friend chose the rib eye with garlic mashed. My very large rack of lamb came covered in a sauce that was so overpowering you could not taste the lamb. Huge chunks of everything but the kitchen sink. Two chops were perfect; the others cold & running blood. My friend's steak was both tough and dry. When we were able to bring this to the attention of our server she offered to "tell the chef." It was also an effort to get her attention for a second glass of wine each. Nothing done to fix our problems so, I returned the meal. Of course, no discount or even an offer of apology. The comment, "Well, we are very busy." As an added insult, 20 minutes to get the cheque only to find the totals written on a scrape of paper. I certainly won't be back!

2  Thank Dale26589

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Wife and I went here during a visit for a wedding in the area. The food was great. I had a great blackened chicken sandwich and the wife had a very thick turkey club sandwich. The prices is extremely reasonable. While I don' t drink much, they had a large bar area and a ton of wines available as well.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I visited Damn Yankees with colleagues while in town for business. While this was not my first trip to Anniston, this was my first visit to the restaurant; it was recommended by my hotel bartender. The server who tended my table of 7 let us know up front that this was his "first night" but that did not detract from our overall experience as the other servers helped pick up any slack for our larger group. Each of the 7 of us ordered an appetizer, entree and dessert and all items were met with rave reviews.
In a small and culinarily-anemic like Anniston, AL, Damn Yankees is a welcomed contribution and I HIGHLY recommend it. I WILL be back.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I would recommend Damn Yankees to everyone. The food is consistantly wonderful and always piping hot! The best part of eating here is not just the outstanding cuisine, it's also the atmosphere. I was so impressed with the staff. No detail of my meal was missed. My waitress even took to time to make sure that my main entree was prepared after I was served my appetizer and that I alway had a full glass of diet coke. I mustn't forget to mention their chicken wings. I consider myself a connoisseur of chicken wings. These are by far the best I've ever had. They blow Jefferson's wings out of the water! I don't know how you do it, but they're awesome! If you are in the area (or even if you're not), Damn Yankees is well worth visiting. I know "I'll keep coming back"!

2  Thank doyleld23
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Restauant is in a large open building with quirky decorations. Atmosphere was that of a bar scene. Live music in corner that was a little loud, but not overpowering.

Some food was typical, fried bar food, but seafood was much better. Salmon was excellent, got lucky and was ther when Copper River salmon was available.

Owner was very personable. He definately fit the bill of the restauratn's namesake. Very upfront, boisterous and friendly.