“Beans and Greens in Down Home Friendly Cafe”
Review of Betty s Bar-B-Q

Betty s Bar-B-Q
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Betty's Bar-B-Cue how has a Neon Goal Post Sign out front from the old Goal Post Cafe. I have been going to Betty's anytime I got to Northeast Alabama for real Southern Comfort Food served by the friendliest female servers on earth. The cornbread is excellent and the "Beans and Greens" are the quintessential requisite of true Southern cuisine. The Catfish is USA born and bred and arguably the very best Southern Fried Catfish in the world. I know that the "Betty" in Betty's turned the restaurant over to her daughter a few years ago. I hope they are both well and that the "Betty" tradition continues for years to come!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Nothing special about BQ sandwich - bun had been frozen and crumbled when I ate it. Have eaten there before and food was good but not this time!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Do not go here if you are expecting fresh vegetables. Most items on the menu are either canned, frozen, or whatever.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

I'm from FL and I was visiting the area on business and asked some of the locals where I could get a good taste of AL BBQ in a sit down environment. I was told go to Betty's so I pulled it up on my Map App and drove there. I ordered the BBQ Beef Brisket Dinner with 3 sides. I'm a BBQ critic and this is not a classic BBQ joint. It's more like a southern home cooked sit down restaurant. The sliced Brisket was tough and lacked any evidence of being smoked on a smoker. It came with a ketchup based imitation BBQ sauce on top of the meat. The baked beans where straight from the can and tasted the same way. My baked potato was the best part of the entire meal and it was cooked perfectly. I had a side order of the Apple sticks and they where good but I would say they probably came pre-made and frozen in a box. I wasn't happy with the quality of the food but my server was very polite and attentive. The next time I'm in Anniston I'll skip Betty's

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed April 1, 2017

After all the bragging on the restaurant was disappointed. BBQ seemed to be roasted in the oven, chopped and you put your own sauce on it. Was charged 45 cents EACH for butter and sour cream for baked potato.