“canned food at its best?”
Review of Betty s Bar-B-Q

Betty s Bar-B-Q
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Do not go here if you are expecting fresh vegetables. Most items on the menu are either canned, frozen, or whatever.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

I'm from FL and I was visiting the area on business and asked some of the locals where I could get a good taste of AL BBQ in a sit down environment. I was told go to Betty's so I pulled it up on my Map App and drove there. I ordered the BBQ Beef Brisket Dinner with 3 sides. I'm a BBQ critic and this is not a classic BBQ joint. It's more like a southern home cooked sit down restaurant. The sliced Brisket was tough and lacked any evidence of being smoked on a smoker. It came with a ketchup based imitation BBQ sauce on top of the meat. The baked beans where straight from the can and tasted the same way. My baked potato was the best part of the entire meal and it was cooked perfectly. I had a side order of the Apple sticks and they where good but I would say they probably came pre-made and frozen in a box. I wasn't happy with the quality of the food but my server was very polite and attentive. The next time I'm in Anniston I'll skip Betty's

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed April 1, 2017

After all the bragging on the restaurant was disappointed. BBQ seemed to be roasted in the oven, chopped and you put your own sauce on it. Was charged 45 cents EACH for butter and sour cream for baked potato.

Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

Still outstanding! First time back since 1999! Food is fresh, delicious, & great! Service was super! Will be back when in town again!

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Awsome place to eat, prices are great. Had the double dipped fried green tomatoes were the best I ever had, coleslaw very good also the fried chicken. I recommend this place , homey atmosphere, waitress was delightful, her name is Kayla. Make this a must stop place to eat!!!!!